AUTHOR PROFILECE PRO
Jeff's latest posts
- Boccaccio: A Better Way to Power Active HDMI Cables HDMI cables, power supplies and DC currents don't always play well together.
- What the Heck is a ‘Weak HDMI Signal’? Learn the lingo and the characteristics of HDMI to help troubleshooters help you.
- All the Lab Testing in the World Won’t Catch HDMI Interop Issues
- 4K HDR Compression and Compromises: Something’s Gotta Give
- Boccaccio: A Better Way to Power Active HDMI Cables
- What the Heck is a ‘Weak HDMI Signal’?
- Don’t Get Too Psyched for 48Gbps - HDMI 2.1 Rollout Could be Painfully Slow
- HDMI Corner: How to Prepare for 48G and Fend Off False Marketing Claims
All the Lab Testing in the World Won’t Catch HDMI Interop Issues
January 04 2019 · Here's how many HDMI cable manufacturers "test" their products: They run a cable between a display and a Blu-ray player all day long, and if the video transmits, the cable is "good." While such a test might reveal that a cable can pass video, it doesn't do anything to show interoperability…
ICYMI: Now That 4K Is Widespread, We See All Those HDMI Problems
July 27 2017 · Originally posted 7/20/2017 Even with 48Gbps around the corner, it’s 4K@60Hz that continues to headline the HDMI news. That’s because the 4K@60Hz that many thought we had four years ago is just now surfacing in products integrators are deploying. With that comes interoperability…
View more blog posts from Jeff