AUTHOR PROFILECE PRO
Jeff's latest posts
- What’s the Deal with AOC Failures? Active optical fiber (AOC) failure rates can largely depend on crude testing that does not account for increased distances after adding passive HDMI...
- Boccaccio: A Better Way to Power Active HDMI Cables HDMI cables, power supplies and DC currents don't always play well together.
- What’s the Deal with AOC Failures?
- Boccaccio: Don’t Leave Test Results of Eye of the Beholder
- Power vs. Data Rate: Is There a Compromise?
- Why Distributors Are Digging Deeper Into HDMI Education
- All the Lab Testing in the World Won’t Catch HDMI Interop Issues
- 4K HDR Compression and Compromises: Something’s Gotta Give
Boccaccio: Don’t Leave Test Results of Eye of the Beholder
May 17 2019 · HDMI rev 2.1 was announced in January 2017. The actual specification was not released until the end of that year. This allowed companies to begin the design process to move forward with what has become the greatest expansion to the interface. But we still needed a test spec to ensure products could…
Power vs. Data Rate: Is There a Compromise?
April 17 2019 · One of the vital signs for HDMI is the onboard supply voltage used to run the interface. It has been part of the specification since its conception and will unlikely never go away. As discussed countless times, the power on the bus is for system operation and was never intended to be a source of…
View more blog posts from Jeff