While the pandemic brought many challenges last year, it also created some new opportunities. As our editors look ahead to 2021, they’ve selected the top five home technology trends:
- Home Networking/IT and the impact of Wi-Fi 6 on wireless network performance enhancements
- Home Theater, particularly on the high end as integrators maximize HDR, immersive audio and commercial-sector products, and capitalize on the current theatrical-to-home release climate
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ), as demand continues to soar and wellness business models take shape
- Gaming, in a serious manner with rec rooms playing off new console popularity and avenues open for esports venues
- Resimercial products and systems, especially with work- and education from-home necessitating better conferencing setups and content producers transforming home spaces
Check out our new report “Top Five Home Tech Trends for 2021” for an in-depth look at each of these solutions as well as top vendors and attention-grabbing products. Whether it’s actual installation opportunities, doing due diligence and training on these trends, or educating customers about how and why these trends may be important in their homes, now is the time.
The Top 5 list features trends that are already on the radar — and possibly have been for years — but haven’t necessarily broken through as “the next big thing” for the home-technology channel. We believe 2021 will be the year these picks gain solid traction from the custom integration industry. Get your copy today.