Have a Plan for your LAN!
View this previously live CEPro Partner Series Webcast, sponsored by Access Networks to learn what questions you should ask when designing your LAN.
Webcast Length: 1 Hour
Knowing how to properly design the appropriate local area network (LAN) for your project will help to ensure client satisfaction. Nathan Holmes, Access Networks’ technical trainer, will discuss what to consider when designing a LAN that will not only meet your clients’ needs today, but will grow with their needs for tomorrow.
Join us to learn why you should ask the following questions when designing your LAN:
• Who will use the LAN, what will they use it for, and what devices will they use?
• Different devices require different LAN resources. Will you project require PoE, Gigabit or Multi-Gigabit switches, and/or VLANs?
• How will my ISP speed affect system performance and hardware selection?
• Wireless planning and design basics – Determining coverage, density, capacity, which 802.11 standards do you need, and what is Wave 2 and why do I need it?
• What are some LAN design tips to promote network security?
• Every LAN plan starts and ends with proper documentation.
Networking & CablesProduct Briefs: Leviton Lighting; AVAD Guide; Luxul ABR-5000; Onkyo Brands, Sonos; TiVo Alexa Skill
Netgear Smart Managed Switches Feature PoE+, Support IoT
Integra Receivers Break New HDBaseT Ground with Support of True-Color 4:4:4 Video
GRAMMY Winning Sound Engineer Says Nordost Cables, ‘Turn Black and White Into Color’
Finding Profit in the Age of Optical Video
View more on Networking & Cables
Take Our Latest QuizzesHow Efficient Is Your Service Department? Take the Quiz
5G and the Need for Cellphone Signal Boosters—Do You Know Enough?
How Well Do You Understand HDBaseT?
Do You Know the Origin of These Brand Names? Take the Quiz
So You Think You Know Smart Lights? How about a Dimesimeter?