Print  |  Email  |  Share  |  News  |  Follow on Twitter, Facebook, Google+ or RSS

Denon Custom Install Training Manager Wins Powerball

Matthew Good says he’ll keep job as D&M/Denon custom-installation training manager after collecting $192 million from Arizona Powerball jackpot.

Matthew Good, Denon/D&M trainer and Powerball millionaire

Matthew Good, who has worked as a custom installation training manager for Denon and parent company D&M Holdings for more than a decade, is the second winner of the $587.5 million Powerball jackpot.

He says he plans to keep his job after collecting about $192 million – a lump sum he chose to collect now instead of after the potential fiscal cliff.

According to countless news sources, Good grew up in Wormleysburg, Pa., and currently lives in the Phoenix suburb of Fountain Hills.

Looks like now he’ll be able to afford some of the high-end consumer electronics he’s been selling for Denon for more than a decade.

According to Linkedin, he has been a custom installation product trainer since 2000. Previously, he was operations manager for the specialty A/V retailer Hi Fi Unlimited.

D&M Holdings is now known as D+M Group, the world still knows them by their former brand, named after a merger between Denon and Marantz. The company also offers the Boston Acoustics brand of audio products. It sold high-end McIntosh audio gear before divesting the company earlier this year.

News · People and Places · Denon · Marantz · D&m · All topics

Julie Jacobson, Co-Founder, EH Publishing / Editor-at-large, CE Pro
Julie Jacobson, recipient of the 2014 CEA TechHome Leadership Award, is co-founder of EH Publishing, producer of CE Pro, Electronic House, Commercial Integrator, Security Sales and other leading technology publications. She currently spends most of her time writing for CE Pro in the areas of home automation, security, networked A/V and the business of home systems integration. Julie majored in Economics at the University of Michigan, spent a year abroad at Cambridge University, earned an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin, and has never taken a journalism class in her life. She's a washed-up Ultimate Frisbee player currently residing in Carlsbad, Calif. Follow her on Twitter @juliejacobson. [More by Julie Jacobson]

Posted by Bryan Levy  on  12/11  at  12:41 AM

An amazing guy, honored to have known and joked with him over the past decade.  Congrats Matt, you’re a class act!

Posted by JoelH  on  12/11  at  06:35 AM

Wow, that’s great! Congrats, Matt! He’s always been a standup guy in my experience.

Posted by Randy Blanchard  on  12/11  at  09:32 AM

Congrats Matt.  Can you send me the $2 I wasted on a ticket?

Posted by Whitevan Lifestyle  on  12/11  at  09:48 AM

“He says he plans to keep his job”

Is this confirmed Julie?

Matt has been such a huge resource for so many of us over the years but It couldn’t have happened to a better guy and I certainly wouldnt blame him for scooping up his family and disappearing.

Matt, if you read this I want to say Thank You. You’ve been a friend in the business and a step in my success. I wish you the best of everything. You will be missed. Now get on a plane and forget about us. Go out in style bro.

Posted by Julie Jacobson  on  12/11  at  09:53 AM

I can’t imagine why anyone would! I mean I love *my* job but I’d be out the door ... and fast

Posted by Greg Foreman  on  12/11  at  10:12 AM

Matt,
I don’t know you.  But from the previous comments made about you, I just felt the need to express that I am glad that a stand up guy has been given the opportunities you have been given in the big win.  I especially respect the fact that you would continue to work at your job after winning such a substantial amount.  That is what character is all about, which sounds like you have.  Congratulation!

Posted by Sally  on  12/11  at  10:19 AM

Congratulations!!!I think you are a very dedicated CEO for Denon,most people would quit their jobs.Way to go.

Posted by Mr. Stanley  on  12/11  at  10:56 AM

Congratulations! That amount is surreal!
Personally, I’d be on the beach in Hawaii right about now!

Posted by mistercee  on  12/11  at  11:14 AM

Wow,

Congrats Matt, you will be the funniest, richest dude to program his own remotes.  If you do a super kick ass system it would be great for CE Pro to chronicle it under your new alias.  Matt Money!  Enjoy.

Posted by Greg  on  12/11  at  11:23 AM

At least someone in this industry is making money!  Congratulations.

Posted by jimav  on  12/11  at  11:28 AM

Matt,

This is great news indeed.  I feel like I almost won!  Enjoy and be a customer not an installer any more.

Posted by Marc  on  12/11  at  11:47 AM

...now thats an exit strategy!

Posted by Joe  on  12/11  at  05:46 PM

Matt is a terrific guy and a credit to the industry. As someone else said, if he decides to disappear I will be sad to see him go but would not blame him one bit. Congrats Matt!

Posted by Sound Concepts  on  12/27  at  01:24 PM

Congrats Matt, a stand up guy and great resource! a man after my own heart, don’t let the money change you who you are. keep on doing what you love to do.

Posted by Jessy  on  12/27  at  02:03 PM

Matt is the one of the most deserving people I know to win and I like others hope he does stay at Denon as he is a HUGE wealth of knowledge and highly respected.

Page 1 of 2 comment pages  1 2 >