Lowe’s has announced the key findings from its recent “Pro Pulse” survey of 1,000 home improvement professionals about the current state of the industry and expectations for winter and 2022. According to Pros, 2021 was a strong year—and looking ahead, the retailer estimates there’s no slowdown in sight.
“As part of our commitment to better understand what pros want and need, we’re using methods like the Pro Pulse Survey to hear directly from pros,” states Fred Stokes, senior vice president, pro sales and service, Lowe’s.
“Pros say they have been working harder than ever to keep cup with the demand for home improvement projects, so we’ve rolled up our sleeves to help them restock and resupply with events like PROember and special deals all holiday season long.”
According to Lowe’s, there is a high demand for home improvement projects with 80% of those who took part in the survey saying there is a need for home-improvement professionals.
Some of the other data revealed in the survey include:
- 75% of Pros expect to have more work in 2022 than they did in 2021 (with an expected 45% project growth)
- Pros expect an increased demand in 2022 for projects aimed at functionality, with the top project expected to be updates for energy efficiency
- Eight out of 10 pros say the holiday season is a time to reward their teams for their hard work, and 77% of pros plan to upgrade their tools this winter (expecting to spend an average amount of $3,100 on tools and hardware products).
- Using a scale of zero to 10, professionals in the home improvement category rate their optimism regarding their professional as a nine out of 10
- In addition, the survey finds that 92% of home-improvement professionals are satisfied in their jobs
To help the national retailer meet the demands of the home improvement market over the 2021 holiday season and in 2022, the company is introducing its “Pro Toy” catalog. This publication will serve professionals as a guide and it will provide product savings.
In addition, Lowe’s points out it will hold its top PROvember deals that includes store demos, welcome kits for new Pro Loyalty program members, and it will offer professional product and service tips from its Pro Ambassadors.
More news from CE Pro: Senate Passes Secure Equipment Act to Protect US Telecomm Industry