Sony Electronics Inc., has announced the new 2022 BRAVIA XR television series, including the MASTER Series Z9K 8K and X95K 4K Mini LED models, MASTER Series A95K, MASTER Series A90K and A80K 4K OLED models, and X90K 4K LED models.
The global electronics company says its new televisions are powered by Cognitive Processor XR, as well as its XR Backlight Master Drive that controls its latest generation Mini LED backlight in the Z9K and X95K series for high levels of brightness. The Cognitive Processor XR also powers Sony’s A95K’s new OLED (QD-OLED) panel with XR Triluminos Max, which delivers a wide color palette to support the reproduction of natural shades and hues. With millions of individual, self-illuminating pixels, Sony boasts the A95K delivers more colors than ever before for an entirely new viewing experience.
Sony continues by pointing out that when homeowners watch movies on its 2022 BRAVIA XR products, viewers can experience its enhanced Acoustic Surface Audio+ for OLED models and Acoustic Multi-Audio for LED models that are engineered to match the position of the sound with the images on the screen. The 2022 BRAVIA XR TV lineup also includes new features that customize and enhance at-home entertainment.
“Sony is committed to offering the best viewing experience possible, no matter the at-home environment or content selection,” comments Tyler Ishida, president of consumer business group, Sony Electronics Inc.
“With best-in-class picture and sound quality, our new TVs enhance any on-screen streaming and gaming content to create a powerfully immersive big-screen experience.”
2022 BRAVIA XR TVs Incorporate Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode
Partnering with the popular streaming service Netflix, Sony has released Netflix Adaptive Calibrated Mode that automatically adjusts image processing based on ambient light, so users’ favorite shows and films look like the creator intended, under any conditions.
Additionally, Sony’s new BRAVIA CORE Calibrated Mode will automatically adjust the image quality on screen to better align with the filmmaker’s original vision. All 2022 BRAVIA XR televisions will also be designated “Perfect for PlayStation 5,” which includes two PS5 exclusive features: Auto HDR Tone Mapping and Auto Genre Picture Mode.
“Sony’s purpose is to fill the world with emotion, through the power of creativity and technology. By leveraging our product innovation and the creative community, we bring that to life,” notes Neal Manowitz, president and chief operating officer, Sony Electronics Inc.
“It is through working with our partners and the creators themselves that we can support their vision and deliver that to the consumer.”
Expanding its line 2022 BRAVIA XR home video products even further, by announcing its BRAVIA CAM. Sony says this product recognizes where users are sitting and it optimizes audio and video quality based on that information.
Other initiatives introduced by the company as part of its 2022 BRAVIA XR announcements is its “Road to Zero” environmental sustainability plan. To follow through with its “Road to Zero” initiative Sony plans reaching a zero environmental footprint throughout the life cycle of its products and business activities by the year 2050. With these goals in mind, Sony’s 2022 TVs use high recycled plastic content with Sony-developed SORPLAS material.
Here is a closer look at the new 2022 BRAVIA XR televisions:
- MASTER Series Z9K 8K Mini LED TVs: Sony’s top-of-the-line series is available in a choice of 75- and 85-inch screen sizes, and the TVs incorporate the company’s Cognitive Processor XR and XR Backlight Master Drive technologies.
- MASTER Series A95K OLED TVs: Sony offers the A95K series in a choice of 55- and 65-inch screen sizes, and these TVs include Sony’s XR OLED Contrast Pro technology. Sony also points out the TV’s OLED panels provide 200% more color brightness when compared to standard TVs.
- X95K 4K Mini LED TVs: Offered in a choice of 85-, 75 and 65-inch screen sizes, the X95K series includes Sony’s BRAVIA CORE Calibrated Mode and Cognitive Processor XR technologies in the products.
- Master Series A90K OLED TVs: The A90K OLED TVs are available in a choice of 48- and 42-inch screen sizes, and Sony includes its Cognitive Processor XR, XR OLED Contrast Pro, and BRAVIA CORE Calibrated Mode technologies in the series.
- A80K OLED TVs: Offered in a choice of 55- and 65-inch screen sizes, the A80K series of products feature Sony’s Acoustic Surface Audio+, Acoustic Center Sync, and BRAVIA CORE Calibrated Mode technologies.
- X90K 4K LED TVs: Available in a choice of 85-, 75-, 65- and 55-inch screen sizes, these TVs come with a two-way stand, Sony’s Minimalist One Slate industrial design, and a full-array LED panel.
Sony will announce the pricing and availability of its 2022 BRAVIA XR products in the spring of 2022.