Where would any of us be today without software? Lost in the woods, perhaps. The same might be said for integrators deploying multirooom audio solutions without the ability to use digital signal processing (DSP) software to tweak the sound and make the connections for an optimal experience for clients.
“We were the first to develop DSP in amplifiers. We have an entire team to develop the DSP solutions,” notes Alex Camara, CEO of AudioControl.
He says there are three key advantages for using DSP technology in multizone applications:
- Ability to Manage the Audio within the Home – “Whether it is group of zones, equalization or setting different parameters for the audio, having the DSP is a really big benefit to dealers today,” says Camara.
- Ability to Seamless Manage Speakers – The DSP allows AudioControl to work extremely closely with numerous speaker manufacturers in its Sound Partners Program by putting the speaker profiles into the DSP software and adapting the audio specifically for the individual home. The company works with manufacturers such as Origin Acoustics, James Loudspeaker, Nuvo, Triad, Dynaudio, Stealth Acoustics and others. “Having them in the DSP is a major benefit that dealers can deliver to customers,” says Camara.
- Ability to Network Across Components – Through the DSP, an integrator can network across amplifiers, set input and output zones, and have ultimate flexibility without necessarily having to go back to the rack room. “You can make the connections on a computer or even on an iPhone,” says Camara, who adds that the company spends a lot of time working directly with integrators in the field so they can use the DSP tools built into the Director Series Amplifiers as simple as possible.
AudioControl has three primary series of amplifiers available to dealers for mulitroom audio applications:
- Architect Series – a set-and-go amp in configurations ranging from two to 16 channels
- Director M Series – A full DSP amplifier and matrix that allows installers to matrix between amplifiers. The Director M series can be standalone or part of a complete smart home environment with drivers available for third-party control systems such as Crestron, Savant, RTI and Control4.
- Director D Series – A full DSP amplifier but without a matrix.
Watch the complete conversation with Alex Camara here.