Sony Professional and Major League Baseball (MLB) are set for second year of the MLB at Field of Dreams game.
On Thursday, August 11, the Chicago Cubs will take on the Cincinnati Reds from Dyersville, Iowa – the site of the movie’s legendary farm and FOX is once again the host broadcaster. This year, FOX is taking inspiration from the film by using Sony’s HDC-F5500 S35mm camera to convey a cinematic look throughout the game. For pre-game and the broadcast, FOX will be using more than two dozen of Sony’s cameras to capture the action from nearly every angle and location. Combined with the game’s availability in HDR, both sports fans and movie buffs will feel closer to the cornfield and the diamond and experience an engaging and immersive viewing experience.
Sony’s cameras supporting the Field of Dreams game include:
- HDC-F5500: Super 35mm 4K camera system will take center stage to capture cinematic shots with shallow depth of field
- HDC-4300: 4K HDR/SDR camera system with High Frame Rate (HFR) capabilities will be featured at inside third, high home, centerfield, inside low first, high third, for talent in the booth, to introduce the home and away dugouts, as well as in the studio for pregame coverage
- HDC-5500: 4K Global shutter imager HDR/SDR camera system with super slow mo support will be used at 6x at high first, tight center, mid first and mid third and in standard mode at the centerfield platform
- HDC-P50: Compact 4K HDR/SDR POV camera with up to 6x High Frame Rate will capture over the shoulder booth shots as well as being the first base robotic camera for virtual efforts
- HDC-P31: Compact 1080/60P capable HDR/SDR POV camera will be used robotically at mid-home and in the booth and will also document beauty shots
- More news from Sony Professional: Sony Gear Captures HDR Content for Netflix’s Sweet Magnolias