According to the Italian home audio company, its latest audio solution offers homeowners a multi-component HiFi system with distinct characteristics across design, sound quality, connectivity, and ease of use.
“Our intention behind expanding into the wireless speaker category is to provide our consumers with the Sonus faber authentic sound quality they know and love combined into one versatile package. Duetto is a true Sonus faber stereo system, blending 40 years of premium speaker design, Italian style and materials with the modern technology and streaming features,” comments Livio Cucuzza, chief of design, Sonus faber.
“Today’s streaming capabilities does not compromise quality but rather offers an even higher quality for an almost infinite choice of music. Place the Duetto in your preferred space, choose your favorite source, close your eyes, and enjoy a one-of-a-kind listening experience.”
Duetto Wireless Speakers Feature an Array of Wired and Wireless Connectivity Options
Sonus faber points out the external design of Duetto follows the Sonus faber decades old philosophy of the most natural sound reproduction through the use of natural materials. The speaker’s lute shape wood cabinet merged with an elegant and custom designed heatsink promotes stiffness and musicality while avoiding internal resonances. The speaker also includes a leather top SENSO interface that allows for the user to control speaker functions such as volume, input selection, and connected components.
Explaining the Duetto’s acoustical capabilities, the company says the speaker utilizes a two-way stereo system that features a 0.7-inch tweeter and a 5.25-inch midrange driver developed from scratch in Vicenza, Italy by the Sonus faber research and design (R&D) team.
- The silk-dome tweeter is equipped with a copper cap to amplify the driver’s emphasis on the lower frequencies, while keeping the highest notes smooth and clear. The tweeter also employs a waveguide ring that increases off-axis response.
- The paper pulp mid-woofer is rigged with surround suspension and a neodymium magnet to achieve the deepest frequencies and is enclosed in the new Sonus faber Organic Basket which prevents resonance and eases the air flow production by the long excursion of the driver.
- The speakers’ drivers are powered by internal amplifiers. A 100-watt class AB amplifier drives the tweeter, and a 205-watt class D amplifier delivers power to the midrange driver.
Sonus faber also notes that integrators can setup Duetto wireless speakers up in a number of ways to meet a range of homeowner usage scenarios that include:
- The Sonus faber app allows the user to customize all the settings for its wireless products (Omnia and Duetto)
- Integrators can connect the speakers to a TV through the HDMI and optical inputs or other components such as a turntable through the Turntable ready phono built-in, and the speakers can be connected to an active subwoofer that can be automatically recognized through the Duetto setup system
- Sonus faber says the Duetto speakers are WiFi Certified and feature a full suit of digital connection options, including AirPlay, Chromecast, Tidal, Spotify, Roon ready, and Bluetooth
- The speakers incorporate UWB (Ultra Wide Band) technology that avoids latency and interference in the connection between the two speakers. UWB also guarantees a very wide frequency spectrum to send data signals at high speed.
The Sonus faber Duetto wireless speakers in October 2023 for $3,999 per pair, and the company offers optional stands that carry a retail price of $749.
The Duetto wireless speakers join several Sonus faber products released this year including new Arena 10 and Heritage Graphite speakers, an expansion of the Sonus faber Homage Collection, as well as the re-release of its Stradivari Loudspeaker for the company’s 40th anniversary.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!