URC, a global manufacturer of smart home automation and control for residential and commercial applications, and Colorbeam Lighting, a global developer of low-voltage, tunable and RGBW lighting fixtures and solutions for residential and commercial markets, have announced a new phase of collaboration in smart residential and commercial automation technology.
Starting immediately, URC and Colorbeam Lighting have created seamless control of Colorbeam’s DMX GATEway processor and compatible devices with Total Control, URC’s residential and commercial automation platform. This integration includes native use cases in Total Control’s Scenes menus allowing events to control multiple systems and devices.
URC states that lighting is among the most significant business opportunities for residential and commercial automation and control integrators. With human-centric solutions including indoor lighting, outdoor lighting, LED tapes / tracks and power and control accessories, Colorbeam’s DMX system allows easy project design, seamless integration and a robust revenue stream.
“This collaboration continues our relationship with Colorbeam and elevates residential and commercial user experiences with true integrated control and automation,” states Lars Granoe, vice president, product, URC.
URC points out that its Total Control system delivers next generation, residential and commercial automation solutions for high levels of performance and a personalized experience. With solutions controlling audio, video, lighting, climate, shades, smart security and more, URC can transform environments into comfortable, engaging, and integrated, unparalleled living experiences.
Combining the power of systems and devices creates a new age of smart home and office environments for URC’s dealer community and end users. Key benefits include:
- Unified, Seamless Integration: As part of URC’s Total Control Modules, users can simply automate and control multiple lighting zones and devices without the need for multiple remotes or control devices.
- Seamless Remote Access and Control: Allows for convenient control on-site, or through the URC user interfaces, or the Total Control app allows multiple room control.
- Voice/Hands-Free Control: URC’s voice commands through Total Control interfaces, Amazon Alexa or Google Home allow two-way communication with simple homeowner operation.
- Create Robust Scenes: With professional programming, users can launch scenes that create the perfect environment. Examples include a “Good Morning” or “Goodnight” scenes that adjust climate and lighting devices.
- Simplified Automation Programming: Professional programming is fast and easy through URC’s dealer community.
- Energy Efficiency: Helps homeowners understand energy usage and ways to reduce costs.
“We are proud of our working relationship with industry leading control companies like URC. Together, we continue to innovate and deliver end-to-end lighting solutions for our customers,” adds Mike Teolis, president of Colorbeam Lighting.