Bird Home Automation, a manufacturer of IP video door stations, launched the first hybrid IP intercom D1812 for upgrading Doorking telephone intercom systems. The new model adds DoorBird IP technology to installations of the Doorking 1812 series while keeping their analog telephone intercom system running. The electronic core and the stainless-steel front panel in DoorBird design are easily installed via Power over Ethernet (PoE) and fit the existing Doorking 1812 housing perfectly. As a result, the new upgrade allows homeowners to have a state-of-the-art access control and intercom system with minimum effort.
Doorbird says the D1812 hybrid upgrade includes numerous high-tech features, remotely configurable via the free DoorBird app and with no licensing fees of any kind:
- 1080p camera with ultra-wide-angle 180° hemispheric lens and night vision
- Free Cloud recording
- RFID reader, 13.56 MHz with MIFARE® DESFire support, remotely manageable
- 4D motion sensor
- Power over Ethernet (PoE)
- Wi-Fi enabled, 2.4 GHz, if a network cable is not used
- Wiegand protocol support (26, 30, 31, 34 and 44 bit)
- Illuminated keypad with up to 500 remotely manageable PIN codes
- Individual schedules, e.g., to trigger relays or smart home commands upon certain events
- Geofencing for automatic gate opening when returning home
- Open API for third-party integrations such as Control4, URC, RTI, Crestron etc.
- Support for NVRs such as Synology, Luma, Lilin, Qnap and IC Realtime