After an evening showcasing the best work and products in home technology integration, CEDIA has announced the winners of 2020 CEDIA Awards in the Americas region, Global honorees, and manufacturers. Eleven unique projects from integrators located in the United States, Canada, and Mexico have been honored as the best of the best in the Americas region on a global stage in 2020.
Winning projects in the region were recognized in five categories with various levels and four subcategories. Winners of “Life Lived Best at Home” and “Technology Meets Design” awards were also honored.
CEDIA member manufacturers also had their turn in the spotlight. Winners were announced in hardware and software categories, and Product Hall of Famers have been enshrined.
“Once again, the innovative spirit and technical brilliance of CEDIA members were on display in grand fashion as we salute the 2020 CEDIA Awards winners,” says CEDIA senior vice president of industry engagement Giles Sutton.
“The high level of work — submitted in the face of a global pandemic — continues to elevate the industry to new heights. CEDIA member integrators, manufacturers, and thought leaders should be duly proud of their accomplishments and we were honored to provide a sparkling, global platform to honor them at the CEDIA Awards virtual celebration.”
Americas Region Winners
Best Home Cinema
- Level I: La Scala – “A Rescued Theater”
- Level II: Thoughtful Integrations – “Everything for Everyone”
- Level III: Audio Images – “KA Theater”
- Highly Commended: Audio Images – “TO Theater” (Level III)
Best Integrated Home
- Level I: Graytek – “Tower of Power”
- Level II: La Scala – “The Starship”
- Level III: Land & Sea Entertainment – “Lakeridge”
- Level IV: AudioVisions – “The Best of Everything”
- Highly Commended: Smartlab – “Weekend Escape” (Level I), Land & Sea Entertainment – “Condomaximum” (Level I), Wicked Smart Homes – “Suncoast Waterfront Retreat” (Level II), Union Place – “Cottagewood” (Level II), All Digital, LLC – “Waterfront Residence” (Level III), Admit One Home Systems – “Fox Point” (Level IV), Cantara – “Luxury Penthouse” (Level IV)
Best Media Room
- Level II: Cantara – “Dual Hidden Projection Media Room”
- Highly Commended: Union Place – “Peninsula Road” (Level I), Land & Sea Entertainment – “The Great Room” (Level II)
Best Multiple Dwelling Unit Design
- Smartlab – “Smart Homes for All”
- Winner: Cinegration – “Cinegration Arvada Experience Center”
- Highly Commended: Echo Systems – “Echo Systems Showroom” and Quality Audio Video – “QAV Showroom
- Best Documentation: Admit One Home Systems – “Fox Point”
- Best Dressed Rack: Audio Images – “KA Theater”
- Best Lighting System: La Scala – “The Starship”
- Innovative System or Solution: Cantara – “Dual Hidden Projection Media Room”
Life Lived Best at Home: AudioVisions – “The Best of Everything”
Technology Meets Design: AudioVisions – “The Best of Everything”
Best Home Cinema: Audio Images – “KA Theater”
Best Media Room: Boutique AV – “Bespoke Art Deco Media Room”
Best Integrated Home: SONA – “The I’s Have It”
Best New Product Award Winners (Hardware):
- The Savant Smart Audio Soundbar
- Leon Speakers Tonecase FIT Universal
- The Sonance Invisible Series Featuring Motion Flex Technology
- The SurgeX Squid
- The StormAudio Processor ISP 24 Analog MK2 from Immersive Audio Technologies and StormAudio
- The Zentium Thermostat from Polar Bear Design Ltd.
- The madVR Envy
- Protect by LeakSmart with Flow
- The DMF Lighting DID Series Recessed LED Downlight
- This year’s Best New Product Awards winner in software is Savant’s Daylight Mode.
The 2020 CEDIA Product Hall of Fame Inductees
- AudioControl’s Model 520 EQ
- The Future Automation QA2 Two Way Motorised Articulating TV Wall Mount
- The James Loudspeaker Powerpipe Subwoofer
- The James Loudspeaker Small Aperture Series
- The Sonance Landscape Series
“The CEDIA Awards continues to be one of the biggest nights in our industry and the virtual edition of the event demonstrated the truly global strength and reach of our industry,” says CEDIA global president and chief executive officer Tabatha O’Connor.
“From integrators to manufacturers to key industry players to CEDIA staff members, all stakeholders came together for a compelling evening that pays meaningful respect to all corners of residential technology integration. Congratulations to winners, honorees, and finalists. The CEDIA Awards program once again positioned our industry’s prowess and CEDIA member integrators on the world’s stage.”