URC, a global provider of control and whole-house entertainment systems, has formed a collaboration with Carrier, a brand within the Carrier Global Corporation.
Carrier is a manufacturer of home comfort systems, and the newly formed collaboration allows homeowners to control their Carrier Infinity, Bryant Evolution, Connex and ICP ION systems, while at home or in remote locations using the URC Total Control platform.
“Carrier is committed to delivering a best-in-class customer experience,” says Todd Nolte, managing director, replacement components & product management, residential HVAC, Carrier.
“We are excited to collaborate with URC to jointly put control at the fingertips of homeowners.”
Lars Granoe, Vice President, product development for URC, notes the alliance with Carrier provides dealers with more smart home integration options.
“Delivering next generation, unified experiences for homeowners and simplified deployments for our dealers are the strategic imperatives behind this integration with Carrier,” comments Granoe.
“It adds to our industry-leading integration portfolio enabling broad, simplified automation.”
URC, Carrier Alliance Makes Life Easier for Integrators and Homeowners
The companies point out the Infinity, Bryant Evolution, Connex and ION system controls are designed for homeowners that want and value the efficiency of wireless connectivity, occupancy sensing capabilities, and built-in intelligence.
Here are some of the benefits of the new Carrier and URC collaboration:
- Simplified Automation Programming: Programming these systems is now simple through URC’s home automation dealer community
- Remote Access and Control: Homeowners can remotely control their home systems via the URC interface or Total Control app
- Unified Integration: As part of URC’s Unified Modules, multiple climate zones, along with other smart categories, such as lighting, AV, security and more can be integrated into Total Control
- Scene Creation: Through the company’s professional dealer network, homeowners can launch scenes to create their preferred environments, including “good morning” or “good night” that automatically adjust homes’ climate, lighting, shades and energy monitoring
- Voice Control: URC voice control options supports the use of voice-control platforms that include Amazon Alexa or Google Home
- Energy Efficiency: The combination of the two companies’ technologies enables homeowners to better monitor and understand their energy consumption to reduce their costs