In a business where integrators often are asked to create inspired creations, this Joker-inspired home theater might be the most over-the-top of them all.
Elite Home Theater Seating (Elite HTS), a Vancouver-based home theater seating company, designed a new luxury $1.5 million home theater inspired by the DC Comics villain the Joker for a client in San Francisco. The theater was completed just in time for the release of the much-anticipated new film Joker, starring Joaquin Phoenix as the titular character.
The Joker home theater includes an array of amenities, including:
- A Digital Projection Insight Laser 8K projector
- A 192-inch Stewart Filmscreen Director’s Choice SL screen
- A full 7.1 surround sound system featuring Triad Speakers loudspeakers
- Tactile motion transducers built into every seat from Crowson Technology
- Eight theater-style chairs from Elite Home Theater Seating
- Crestron integrated controls
- An animatronic Harley Quinn
- A lifesize Batman and Robin
- Customizable lighting configurations
- An adjoining carnival-style arcade back door entrance
- An entry into the theater via a subterranean roller coaster.
The Joker home theater was designed and constructed by Elite HTS CEO Bobby Bala, who has a background in CG animation and film. The fully immersive Joker home theater pays homage to the DC Comics world Bala knows and loves.
This is not Elite’s first foray into the luxury home theater market.
“I’m a huge movie geek. With the bulk of my experience being in Visual FX, I leveraged those skills to design custom home theater seating and themed cinema rooms for our clients. Our Batman room was such a success, we wanted to push the boundaries even further for the Joker inspired room,” says Bala.
The Batman Theater mentioned by Bala is valued at $2 million in the home of a client in Connecticut. It features custom Batmobile-inspired home theater seats and impressive technology. Guests enter through a secret door, completing the “batcave” experience.
The Joker theater is equally as awe-inspiring. It boasts an animatronic Harley Quinn, a lifesize Batman and Robin, and customizable lighting configurations.
Visitors can enter the theater through a carnival-style arcade, the back door, or via the subterranean roller coaster circuit (yes, there’s even a roller coaster).