McIntosh Group has announced the launch of its new experience center—House of Sound.
With this new experience center McIntosh Group is demonstrating how consumers experience audio in the modern era. Following in the footsteps of its first iteration, the World of McIntosh townhouse, the House of Sound serves as an experiential showroom featuring the latest designs in audio technology across the McIntosh Group portfolio, which includes McIntosh, Sonus faber, Rotel, Pro-Ject Audio Systems, and Sumiko Phono.
“We created the House of Sound to bring to life McIntosh Group’s core design principles across high-end sound, versatility, and longevity for not only our tried-and-true brand fans but also as a way to convert music and film lovers into audio-enthusiasts,” comments Daniel Pidgeon, CEO of McIntosh Group.
“There’s something about closing your eyes and indulging in pristine sound that sticks with you. We hope through our immersive product experience hub, we can create that spark for people that makes them want to invest in premium audio equipment.”
House of Sound Showcases a Range of Audio Solutions
According to McIntosh, the House of Sound is a place where music, art, and design converge. The 11,000 square foot townhouse spotlights an array of McIntosh audio equipment through several listening spaces such as a state-of-the-art home theater, an extensive vinyl library, two intimate listening rooms; two open reference listening areas, a pair of terraces, and a rooftop.
The company boasts that each space is designed to ignite a journey of precisely calibrated sound. McIntosh points out that visitors can listen to some of the most luxurious offerings from its portfolio products, including McIntosh amplifiers, Sonus faber speakers, a selection of Pro-Ject turntables, and Rotel electronics, along with a Jeep Grand Wagoneer powered by the McIntosh MX1375 entertainment system.
In addition to its audio equipment, McIntosh Group partnered with brands such as Baxter, USM, Alpange, Sony, Kaleidescape, Screen Research, Roon Labs, Abyss, HRS, and Audioquest.
Summarizing some of the other elements the House of Sound features, here are some of the other products on display in the new McIntosh experience center:
- The intentionally selected furniture throughout the House of Sound is provided by Baxter, an Italian furnishing company known for its contemporary reinterpretation of furniture design through art of leather working and shaping into the production of unique collections.
- The custom cabinetry is supplied by USM, a family-run, sustainable, Swiss modular furniture brand.
- The multi-story townhouse will also be the home of a digital piano from Alpange.
- The home theater will specifically include projectors from Sony, a movie player from Kaleidescape, and a screen from Screen Research.
- The House of Sound digital music library is powered by Roon Labs.
- Guests can opt for an even more intimate listening experience through luxury performance headphones supplied by Abyss Headphones.
- The audio stands within the House of Sound are provided by HRS, and the stands are customized to accommodate all McIntosh and Rotel components.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!