American Lighting, a manufacturer of lighting products for residential, commercial and specialty environments, has introduced its new Spektrum+ Smart Gateway-E with an Ethernet port for direct network connection.
The company says the Spektrum+ Gateway-E integrates Spektrum+ smart lighting fixtures into Control4’s whole-home automation system. American Lighting points out the Gateway-E only requires 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi or direct Ethernet connection for operation and includes a 5-volt adapter with a plug-in type USB cable. The Spektrum+ Gateway-E is available in a small, compact housing that can be concealed easily in any home décor.
American Lighting notes that its new Spektrum+ Smart Gateway offers a series of smart fixtures that allows users to switch their existing lighting to color-changing with the ability to tune white light from 2700K-6000K.
Spektrum+ Works with a Range of American Lighting Products
The newly announced gateway has been developed to provide dealers with the ability to design whole-house lighting systems that seamlessly integrate into modern smart homes. Further aiding dealers to design homeowner-friendly lighting systems, the Spektrum+ line also includes these lighting products:
- 13.1-foot Tape Light Kit and 13.1-foot Tape Light Pro Kit: Each Spektrum+ Tape Light Kit offers RGB + Tunable White, an unlimited RGB color combination palette, plus the ability to adjust true white lighting from 2700K to 6000K. The tape kit offers up to 360 lumens per foot output and it consumes only 7-watts per foot. Both units provide 90+ color rendering index and can sync to control multiple tape light kits and products. The kits boast maximum run lengths up to 13.1 feet and it is IP54 rated for dry and damp locations.
- Downlights (4 inch and 6 inch): These lights feature 90+ color rendering index and RGB + Tunable White, from 2700K to 6000K, and American Lighting emphasizes, Spektrum+ Downlights deliver a near endless array of color customization with wireless control. The 4-inch downlight offers an output of up to 800 lumens and it consumes 10.5 watts per fixture. The 6-inch provides up to 1000 lumens and consumes 13 watts per fixture. Both are suitable for wet locations and are cETLus listed.
- Landscape Lights: With easy to install low-voltage operation, the Spektrum+ RGBTW Landscape Lights create ambient lighting for outdoor applications. Available with a color temperature range of 2700K to 6000K, complete with full spectrum color changing capabilities, the lights are offered in a 3-kit starter pack, and single add-on fixtures, with surface and soil mount accessories, a SJOW 2C (18AWG) power cable and an adjustable fixture head for direct lighting. Up to 8 fixtures can be linked to one power supply. The lights are cETLus listed and rated for wet locations.
- Puck Lights: Spektrum+ puck lights are available in black and white finishes; the lights can be surface mounted or recessed for custom installations, and they can be used by dealers to add color to small spaces or as accent lighting. According to American Lighting, the Puck Lights showcase RGB + Tunable White lighting control, ranging from 2700K–6000K, and 90+ color rendering index. Each puck has up to 105 lumen performance and consumes less than 3 watts. The puck lights are cETLus listed and suitable for dry locations.
- RGB+TW Brio (Low-profile Direct Install Downlight): The RGB+TW lighting products can be used for applications where a lower profile downlight is needed. American Lighting says that despite the product’s thin design the light delivers high-lumen output. The RGB+TW Brio is also fully controllable with the Spektrum+ App.
- RGB+TW Lamps (S14 and MR16 ): The lighting company states the RGB+TW Lamps simply install using existing light fixtures. The Spektrum+ RGB+TW Lamps are controlled wirelessly through a tablet, smart phone or the Spektrum+ Smart Lighting App. Both products deliver RGB + Tunable White color temperature ranging from 2700K to 6000K with up to 400 lumen output performance and 90+ color rendering index. The S14 features 120-volts AC input voltage and wattage of 1 watt, while the MR16 delivers 5 watts with 12-volt AC input voltage. Both are dimmable 0-100%, offering 25,000 hours rated life. Spektrum+ RGB+TW Lamps are cETLus Listed for damp locations and FCC Compliant.
- Smart LED Lamps (A19 and BR30): Spektrum+ RGBTW Lamps are wirelessly controlled through the Spektrum+ Smart Lighting App and provide RGB + Tunable White color temperature ranging from 2700K to 6000K and 90+ color rendering index. The A19 lamp includes up to 800 lumen output, while the BR30 delivers up to 650 lumens. Spektrum+ RGB+TW Lamps are cULus Listed for damp locations and FCC Compliant.
- Smart Receiver: American Lighting says the Smart Receiver can be used for new construction and retrofit environments. The 5-Channel Bluetooth Mesh Receiver allows users to integrate smart lighting device control to any low-voltage lighting product. The Smart Receiver features dedicated controls for multiple types of lighting, including Single Color, Tunable CCT, RGB, RGBW and RGB + Tunable White. The receiver has a wattage load of 96 watts maximum and is suitable for dry location applications.
- Smart Sensors (Door/Window Contact, PIR Motion, PIR Motion + Luminance): Adding functionality and versatility to Spektrum+ App automations and schedules, the lighting manufacturer says these sensors can be used to trigger actions across the entire Spektrum+ smart lighting system. Use the PIR motion sensors for an added level of security within a home and the door/window contact sensor for entrance triggers.
- Smart Switch Wall Plates (Dimmer and On/Off): the wall plates enables the connection of line-voltage lighting to the Spektrum+ Smart Lighting App to allow homeowners to turn lights on and off, or dealers to set automated schedules when using the Smart Switches. The Smart Dimmer Switch Wall Plate provides touch sensitive manual dimming design to allow users maximum control when adjusting brightness. Both Smart Switch Wall Plates are designed to offer a stylish lighting product that fits into a standard single-gang junction box. The Spektrum+ Smart Switches deliver up to 500,000 presses of button life and 120-volt AC input voltage. Both products are ETLus Listed for indoor applications with a RoHS rating. In addition, the Dimmer Switch is FCC Compliant. For App control, the Switches must be paired with the App, or can be used manually.
- Volta Wall Sconces: The Volta Wall Scones are available in a single or dual (up/down) fixture versions, and American Lighting notes the Spektrum+ RGB + Tunable White Volta Wall Sconce’s modern cylindrical design allows for 2700K to 6000K with up to 400 lumen output performance per lens. The single wall sconce consumes 12 watts, while the dual unit consumes 24 watts. Both options are cETLus listed, suitable for outdoor wet locations.
Wireless Smart Switch: The Spektrum+ Smart Switch is a streamlined Bluetooth control that can be used instead of or with the Spektrum+ Smart Lighting App. The Wireless Smart Switch includes built-in RGB and tunable white control with dimming capabilities and a magnetic dock for easy installation that is said to allow the switch to be used as a hand-held remote or as a wall switch for convenience. American Lighting adds the smart Switch provides up to 25 meters (82 feet) of signal range, and the switch allows users to simultaneously control multiple Spektrum+ fixtures and save scenes or settings with the touch of a button.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!