Best Buy’s Magnolia Launches Mag Care Remote Network Support, Powered by Domotz
New Mag Care app, powered by Domotz, is being deployed by Best Buy's Magnolia to help customers monitor their own networks and receive remote tech-support from in-store specialists.
Last year, Best Buy's Magnolia selected Domotz to help serve customers with remote network monitoring and tech support. Magnolia has been fairly quiet about this offering, but it is now rolling out its service under the new Magnolia Care plan.
Clients who purchase custom-installed smart-home solutions from Magnolia receive a Domotz Pro box, as well as one year of free service:
Magnolia Care is our promise to deliver an exceptional level of customer service from consultation to installation and beyond. As part of every custom installation project that goes through our Budget Builder process, you will receive, at no additional cost, one year of Magnolia Care. This program provides post-installation follow up, preventative maintenance and troubleshooting, done in a proactive and timely manner. You can also upgrade Magnolia Care to include Remote Management, adding an even greater level of support to your networked components. Together, these services cover your system like never before, for enhanced peace of mind.
The plan comes with a consumer-facing app called Mag Care (below) that allows users to monitor their own networks and perform certain diagnostics.
Mag Care App
Mag Care, the consumer-facing app for Magnolia Care clients, has between 100 and 500 downloads from the Android Play Store.
Meet "Magnolia Care" – The System Support App.
The first app designed specifically for Magnolia Design Center "Magnolia Care" customers – streamlining "smart home" support and troubleshooting of audio/video/control/automation and networking systems.
The Magnolia Care app makes requesting support from your local Magnolia Design Center easier than ever. The homeowner can request support and troubleshooting on a one-to-one basis to solve "smart home" issues faster than ever.
The app lets you request support from Magnolia with one tap, but in homes with "smart" power devices on select components, the app allows the homeowner to solve simple issues themselves with a device "reboot" feature.
PLEASE NOTE: The Magnolia Care App requires a special Log-in and password that can only be obtained from your Magnolia Design Center installer.
Magnolia Care's features include:
- One-tap Support Request: request support from your Magnolia Service Technician in one tap via the app. Get help for an issue faster than ever!
- Device Reboot: Reboot certain devices in one click to make a locked-up device work again (coming soon)
- Alerts: Receive alerts when new devices join your network – to detect new people or intruders on your network
- Who's Home: Visualize who is at home based on their personal devices – family, guests or unknown devices connected to your network (intruder detection)
- Home Tech Inventory: see the devices on your network – and which are on-line or off-line
- Network Diagnostics: run an Internet speed, latency and packet loss test to measure the quality of your Internet connection.
Help with Magnolia Care
The Magnolia Care App requires a log-in and password which can be provided to you by your Magnolia Design Center. Contact your Magnolia Design Center today to find out more about Magnolia Care getting access to the Magnolia Care App.
The Job of a Magnolia Care Specialist
A job posting for a Magnolia Care Technology Specialist provides additional information on the service:
The Magnolia Care Technical Specialist is responsible for providing a premium experience in the Magnolia VIP Care Program, which entails providing post installation technical management of the Magnolia products installed and programmed in residential and commercial spaces. The Magnolia Care Technical Specialist will serve as a single point of contact for clients in their post installation system monitoring, maintenance, and repair.
As a Magnolia Care Technical Specialist you will:
- Perform ongoing monitoring, pro-active system maintenance, configuration and programming of advanced audio, video, lighting, surveillance, automated, and networked systems in Magnolia Care qualified residential spaces both remotely and onsite
- Monitor, test, diagnose, repair, recreate advance programming, optimize and maintain client's Magnolia purchased equipment to ensure proper system functionality and performance benchmarks are achieved
- Responsible for facilitating product repair in clients' system and expediting exchange of products, installation and programming.
- Complete delivery and installation of audio/video, control and networking equipment
- Educates clients on system operation tutorial
What are the Professional Requirements of a Magnolia Care Technical Specialist?
- 2years of experience with home audio/video installation work.
- 2years of customer service experience
- Must have valid Driver's License
- 1year of experience with Control System Programming
- Must be 21 of Years of Age or older
- Must have a Clean Driving Record
- Must be able to carry/lift/push/pull weight up to 75 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation
- 3years of customer service experience
- 6months of experience with using Inventory Management systems
- Experience in escalating technical support issues
- Microsoft Office expertise
Secure Your Free Pass to CEDIA EXPO 2019
Register before Sept. 2 to gain free access to the opening keynote, product training & education series as well as the show floor including Innovation Alley and much more. Don’t miss your chance. Sign up today.
Julie Jacobson is founding editor of CE Pro, the leading media brand for the home-technology channel. She has covered the smart-home industry since 1994, long before there was much of an Internet, let alone an Internet of things. Currently she studies, speaks, writes and rabble-rouses in the areas of home automation, security, networked A/V, wellness-related technology, biophilic design, and the business of home technology. Julie majored in Economics at the University of Michigan, spent a year abroad at Cambridge University, and earned an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin. She is a recipient of the annual CTA TechHome Leadership Award, and a CEDIA Fellows honoree. A washed-up Ultimate Frisbee player, Julie currently resides in San Antonio, Texas and sometimes St. Paul, Minn. Follow on Twitter: @juliejacobson Email Julie at email@example.com
Control & AutomationCEDIA Find: Cellgate’s Cell-Based Access Control with Streaming Video; Control4 Integration
Product Briefs: Metra at Nationwide; Kenny Wayne Shepard, Dolby Atmos; EPV Partners with D&H
Escape CEDIA Expo! First-Ever Delos Wellness Pavilion Offers Biophilic Refuge
How ADG Successfully Added Lighting Design and Electrical to its A/V
How Vantage Does Human-Centric Lighting: Sun as a ‘Phantom Load’
View more on Control & Automation