CEDIA Votes to Unify Global Membership
CEDIA and CEDIA EMEA have integrated to form one global organization, with a board that includes dealers from the U.S., Europe and the Middle East.
CEDIA has announced in an overwhelming majority of CEDIA members have voted in favor of a formal integration between CEDIA and CEDIA EMEA.
"Operating as one global organization is an important step for CEDIA as we seek to strengthen our global voice and influence," says Vin Bruno, CEDIA CEO. "Our increased operational efficiencies will ensure that we are able to continue to deploy the resources CEDIA members need to be successful in every region."
In order to provide continuity, stability and balance during the initial integration period, a CEDIA Governance Task Force determined the slate for the 2017 global board of directors. The following members will begin their positions on the global board beginning January 1, 2017. At that time the board may choose to appoint up to four skills-based directors. The executive committee will also be determined in the new year.
2017 CEDIA Global Board
- Christiaan Beukes, Sphere Custom Design & Installation - Salt River, Cape Town, South Africa
- Henry Clifford, LiveWire - Richmond, Va.
- Ken Erdmann, Erdmann Electric - Springville, Utah
- Dennis Erskine, Erskine Group, LLC , Vancouver, Wash.
- Omar Hikal, Archimedia - Cairo, Egypt
- Greg Margolis, HomeTronics, Inc., Dallas, Texas
- Rob Sutherland, Inspired Dwellings, London, England
- Giles Sutton, JAMES + GILES, London, England
- Joe Whitaker, The Thoughtful Home, Clayton, Mo.
CEDIA will maintain the individual offices in Indianapolis, Ind., and Cambridgeshire, England to maintain to regional benefits and CEDIA connection points in local markets.
Secure Your Free Pass to CEDIA EXPO 2019
Register before Sept. 2 to gain free access to the opening keynote, product training & education series as well as the show floor including Innovation Alley and much more. Don’t miss your chance. Sign up today.
BusinessPeople & Places: Ui Supplies Event; Azione Canadian Dealers; Atlona, ETA; Environmental Lights
Catalyst AV Distributors Report 15% Growth for 2019
How ADG Successfully Added Lighting Design and Electrical to its A/V
Be Sure to Limit Your Cyber Liabilities by Doing This
How Integrators Can Improve Sales Via Account-Based Marketing
View more on Business