Move over Amazon Prime. Already successful with its Total Tech Support program that has garnered more than 2 million members, Best Buy (NYSE: BBY) is kicking its recurring monthly revenue (RMR) business model up a notch with a pilot program for a new membership program called Best Buy Beta. The new program provides customers with an array of benefits, including exclusive member pricing, unlimited Geek Squad technical support, up to two years of protection on most product purchases, free standard shipping and delivery, and free installation on most products and appliances.
For $199.99 per year, or $179.99 per year for Best Buy credit card holders, membership also includes access to a concierge service that is available only to Best Buy Beta members. The Best Buy concierge team is available 24/7 by phone, chat, email or through the Best Buy app.
“As we look to evolve our membership programs, the goal of Best Buy Beta is to create a membership experience that customers will love and to leave them feeling confident throughout their relationship with Best Buy,” said Allison Peterson, Best Buy’s chief customer officer. “This pilot offers premium service, complete with support aimed at anticipating our customers’ needs.”
The pilot is currently available at select stores throughout Iowa, Oklahoma and eastern Pennsylvania. In April, it will expand to customers and select stores in Minnesota, North Carolina and Tennessee. At that time, it will be available at a total of about 60 stores.
Best Buy Beta membership includes:
- Dedicated and exclusive concierge support
- Unlimited Geek Squad technical support on all technology in your home (whether purchased at Best Buy or not)
- Fast and free shipping with no minimums
- Exclusive member pricing on a wide range of products
- Free in-home standard delivery and installation on most products
- Two-year protection on most purchases at Best Buy, including AppleCare on Apple products
- 60-day extended return window
- 10% off subscription services billed through Best Buy
The company’s current membership program, Total Tech Support ($199.99 per year) is still available to customers outside of its Best Buy Beta pilot markets.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!