LG Electronics has introduced its 2022 LG CineBeam 4K laser projectors (models HU715Q and HU710P), which it calls the company’s most advanced projectors to date.
The company’s $2,999 HU715Q Ultra Short Throw (UST) features sophisticated technologies including auto brightness and the ability to create a 100-inch image when placed only 21.7 centimeters (about 8.5 inches) from the wall, helpful for bringing the big picture to space-conscious design.
LG states its new CineBeam projectors enable immersive, large-scale images that can be projected directly onto the wall or a dedicated screen. Compact and easy to set up, both models are suitable for most indoor spaces and also work well in outdoor environments after the sun has set, the company adds.
For consumers seeking a stylish aesthetic for a projector that will sit out in the open, the LG HU715Q has been designed with a premium fabric cover courtesy of Danish textile company, Kvadrat “to harmonize with home furnishings and interiors,” the company says.
LG HU715Q UST & HU710P Offer Versatility, Smart webOS Platform
Both units deliver 4K resolution with 3,840 x 2,160 vibrant pixels, with the advanced laser technology in the new projectors producing 2,000,000:1 contrast ratio and high peak brightness to aid content by revealing more details in dark and bright scenes, LG says.
The LG HU715Q generates 2,500 ANSI lumens with a laser light source while the LG HU710P delivers 2,000 ANSI lumens of brightness via laser-LED hybrid technology. Both are rated for 20,000 hours of use.
Integrators and users can take advantage of flexible placement via features such as keystone correction with 4-, 9- and 15-point warping for easy horizontal and vertical alignment without distortion.
Other advanced image-enhancing features of the new CineBeam projectors, according to LG, include:
- Brightness Optimizer makes adjustments according to ambient light conditions.
- Dynamic Tone Mapping analyzes and fine tunes each frame to support superior HDR performance for stunningly real, incredibly vivid images regardless of the content or light level of the room
- Filmmaker Mode displays movies the way their directors intended them to be seen, replicating the exact look and feel of a theatrical release by preserving the original aspect ratio, frame rate and colors.
- LG’s webOS smart platform offers intuitive controls and navigation with easy access to a variety of streaming services including Netflix, Amazon Prime Video, Disney+, YouTube and Apple TV.
- Built-in quad woofers and 2.2-channel stereo bolster immersion, addition of surround sound when connected to one or two Bluetooth speakers (LG HU715Q only).
The new 4K CineBeam laser projectors are available now on LG’s website.