UPDATED: Julie Jacobson’s Ultimate Guide to Home Automation at CES 2016
More than 100 pages of IoT and the smart home in CE Pro's Ultimate Guide to Home Automation at CES 2016. Updated v4 includes new announcements from Lowe's Iris, Thread Group, DECT ULE and more.
New smart-home products, technologies and announcements have been added to CE Pro's second annual Ultimate Guide to Home Automation at CES 2016 (v4 pdf 3MB).
v4 is now available for download here, and includes news and images from the latest CES 2016 announcements, including:
- Turkcell, a Turkish telecom company with 68 million subscribers, adopts DECT ULE IoT protocol for new smart-home service.
- Lowe's Iris adds professional security monitoring
- Awox launches SmartPebble a cool new gesture-controllable light controller for smart bulbs
- Two more smart locks and one more IoT scent diffuser (yes, that is now a category)
- Zipato's amazing ZipTile touchscreen-based home controller
- New HaLow IoT protocol from Wi-Fi Alliance
- CentraLite embraces Thread
- Much more!
Look for the yellow tags in the document and keep following our ongoing CES coverage about these new announcements at others.
The Ultimate Guide comprises more than 100 pages of marked-up show floor maps, product images and links to key manufacturers, stories and products.
- Home automation standards and initiatives, including Bluetooth Mesh, ZigBee, Z-Wave, DECT ULE, Thread, AllSeen, OIC, Enocean and Insteon
- Smart doorbell cameras, lights and door locks ... lots and lots of them.
- Audio and video analytics
- IoT news from the big CE brands, including Samsung, LG, Bosch and Panasonic
- Latest trends in network security and device discovery
- DIY and MIY (monitor-it-yourself) security systems
- Home automation hubs
- All the new smart-home start-ups at Eureka Park
- Review of the pro-oriented home-control vendors at CES, including Control4, Lutron, Savant and URC
- Analysis of home automation trends
- Many surprises!
The links in the file are active ... so click away.
Praise for the "Ultimate Guide" 2015
"Everyone at CES now should have this on their phone/tablet/laptop or folded up in their back pocket/satchel old school style."
"I was thinking about skipping a couple of days of work for CES, particularly for home automation stuff. If I do…. this is my guide, and if I don’t…. this is my guide."
"Just shared this with our 32,000 friends! Great stuff...."
"Feel like I went to CES without leaving NC. Amazing job and very informative!"
“This rocks thanks Julie. first time in 22 years I have not attended and I feel like I am in the know.”
“Well done, Julie! printing now...”
Secure Your Free Pass to CEDIA EXPO 2019
Register before Sept. 2 to gain free access to the opening keynote, product training & education series as well as the show floor including Innovation Alley and much more. Don’t miss your chance. Sign up today.
Julie Jacobson is founding editor of CE Pro, the leading media brand for the home-technology channel. She has covered the smart-home industry since 1994, long before there was much of an Internet, let alone an Internet of things. Currently she studies, speaks, writes and rabble-rouses in the areas of home automation, security, networked A/V, wellness-related technology, biophilic design, and the business of home technology. Julie majored in Economics at the University of Michigan, spent a year abroad at Cambridge University, and earned an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin. She is a recipient of the annual CTA TechHome Leadership Award, and a CEDIA Fellows honoree. A washed-up Ultimate Frisbee player, Julie currently resides in San Antonio, Texas and sometimes St. Paul, Minn. Follow on Twitter: @juliejacobson Email Julie at email@example.com
Control & AutomationCEDIA Find: Cellgate’s Cell-Based Access Control with Streaming Video; Control4 Integration
Product Briefs: Metra at Nationwide; Kenny Wayne Shepard, Dolby Atmos; EPV Partners with D&H
Escape CEDIA Expo! First-Ever Delos Wellness Pavilion Offers Biophilic Refuge
How ADG Successfully Added Lighting Design and Electrical to its A/V
How Vantage Does Human-Centric Lighting: Sun as a ‘Phantom Load’
View more on Control & Automation