URC, a global manufacturer of smart home automation and control for residential and commercial applications, and FX Luminaire, a global manufacturer of landscape and architectural lighting products, has announced a new collaboration in smart residential and commercial automation technology.
Starting immediately, URC and FX Luminaire will enable seamless management of the FX Luminaire Luxor Controller—a flexible low-voltage landscape lighting transformer—with Total Control, URC’s residential and commercial automation platform. This integration includes native use cases in Total Control’s Scenes menus, allowing events to control multiple systems and devices. The Luxor Controller incorporates zoning, dimming, and color creation capabilities into a single control system using a simple two-wire path installation.
FX Luminaire offers a complete range of outdoor lighting products, providing precise automated lighting control with intuitive and sophisticated interfaces, while URC’s Total Control systems are smart, reliable, and simple to install.
“Partnering with URC and their advanced smart home automation technology allows us to enhance homeowners’ enjoyment of their outdoor living spaces,” says James Cervantes, product manager at FX Luminaire.
“Using our Luxor Controller, they can set themes for special occasions, control the intensity of up to 250 individual lighting groups, and create up to 30,000 colors per zone. The result is a truly next-level lighting experience.”
- Some of the key benefits of the new collaboration include:
- Unified, Seamless Integration: As part of URC’s Unified Modules, users can simply automate multiple lighting zones along with other smart categories like climate, security, audio, video, and more.
- Creation of Robust Outdoor Scenes: With professional programming, users can launch scenes that create the perfect environment. Examples include a “pool party” scene that adjusts lighting devices according to a preset color palette.
- Simplified Automation Programming: Professional programming is fast and easy through URC’s dealer community.
- Seamless Remote Access and Control: Allows for convenient control on-site or through the URC user interfaces. The Total Control app allows multiple room control.
Voice/Hands-Free Control: URC’s voice commands through Total Control interfaces, Amazon Alexa, or Google Home allow two-way communication with simple homeowner operation.
Energy Efficiency: Helps homeowners understand energy usage and ways to reduce costs.