The Monitoring Association (TMA) presented its 2021 Excellence Awards virtually during a virtual presentation.
TMA’s Monitoring Center Excellence Awards recognize monitoring centers and outstanding personnel who perform in the highest professional manner, thereby making a significant contribution to the betterment of the alarm industry and the alarm profession while demonstrating exceptional service to their customers and community.
The 2021 Excellence Award Winners are:
- Monitoring Center of the Year (Enterprise level) – Vivint Smart Home
- Monitoring Center of the Year (Small-to-medium level) – Universal Atlantic Systems
- Manager of the Year – Jonathan Rainbow, Rapid Response Monitoring Services
- Operator of the Year – Diandra Dean, Affiliated Monitoring
- Support Person of the Year (tie) – Michelle Quattrini, Rapid Response Monitoring Services; Deepak Bysani, Affiliated Monitoring
The purpose of this awards program is to:
- Establish and promote the inherent value of professional monitoring services in general
- Honor those who have made the most significant contributions to the service
- Promote the distinct level of professionalism attained by NRTL-approved monitoring centers
New in 2021, TMA introduced a newly restructured Monitoring Center of the Year category for application, which segments entrants based on the size of their business. The new Enterprise Level category welcomed applicants with more than 40,000 subscribers, while the Small-to-Medium Business (SMB) Level category was established for those with 40,000 or less subscribers.
TMA’s Monitoring Center Excellence Awards are co-sponsored by SDM. Entries are judged by a blue-ribbon volunteer judging panel appointed by TMA.
During the April 15 presentation, TMA and CE Pro sister publication Security Sales & Integration (SSI) also announced ADT as the recipient of the 2021 TMA/SSI Monitoring Technology Marvel Award. The company’s Leah Page, vice president, mobile security & strategic projects, accepted the award on behalf of ADT.
The Marvel Award, co-sponsored by TMA and SSI, is coordinated by the TMA Technology Committee. The objective of the Marvel is to provide recognition for monitoring centers creating and/or using cutting-edge technology, and to raise awareness of these new technologies.
This article originally appeared on our sister publication Security Sales & Integration‘s website.