Home Theater

Fit for Post Production Applications, Bryston SP4 Cinema Processor Delivers Immersive Audio

The new $13,995 Bryston SP4 Cinema Processor delivers up to 16 channels of object-based surround sound decoding.

Posted by arc115 on August 21, 2018

Bob—Any indication that Bryston made any modifications to this processor, or is it simply a badge swap with the Storm Audio ISP 3D.16?

Posted by Robert Archer on August 22, 2018

Hi Arc115, I can confirm this with Bryston, but I would say there are many upgrades from Bryston, including power supplies, analog circuits, etc., to improve the performance when compared to StormAudio. Bryston is an old-school company and they would not put their name of a product for the sake of entering a product category.

Posted by arc115 on August 22, 2018

That’s certainly what I would expect from Bryston…I’ve enjoyed their amps and customer service for many years now.  I hope they worked their magic somewhere on the product, but the details aren’t out there at the moment.  Thanks, Bob!

Posted by Robert Archer on August 22, 2018

Thank you for reading the site arc115. I did receive a statement from Bryston: The SP4 was designed as a collaborative effort between Bryston and StormAudio, and the SP4 is manufactured for Bryston in France by StormAudio. The differences are subtle however important: The Bryston team configured the internals of the SP4 differently than any Storm model to accommodate a 3U form factor and to facilitate a modular platform that will accept Bryston-designed, engineered and manufactured expansion modules. These modules could range in features and functionality and will certainly leverage Bryston’s expertise in audio engineering. The SP4 also has a 5 year warranty, which is considered exceptional in the preamp/processor arena.

Posted by arc115 on August 22, 2018

Thank you, Bob…I really appreciate the additional information.  Looks like a terrific option!

Posted by arc115 on August 22, 2018