Have a Plan for your LAN!
View this previously live CEPro Partner Series Webcast, sponsored by Access Networks to learn what questions you should ask when designing your LAN.
Webcast Length: 1 Hour
Knowing how to properly design the appropriate local area network (LAN) for your project will help to ensure client satisfaction. Nathan Holmes, Access Networks’ technical trainer, will discuss what to consider when designing a LAN that will not only meet your clients’ needs today, but will grow with their needs for tomorrow.
Join us to learn why you should ask the following questions when designing your LAN:
• Who will use the LAN, what will they use it for, and what devices will they use?
• Different devices require different LAN resources. Will you project require PoE, Gigabit or Multi-Gigabit switches, and/or VLANs?
• How will my ISP speed affect system performance and hardware selection?
• Wireless planning and design basics – Determining coverage, density, capacity, which 802.11 standards do you need, and what is Wave 2 and why do I need it?
• What are some LAN design tips to promote network security?
• Every LAN plan starts and ends with proper documentation.
Networking & CablesNew Ihiji ProVue Features Client-Facing App for Network Monitoring, Self-Help
CEDIA Q&A: FIBBR Highlights the Benefits of Fiber HDMI Active Optical Cable (AOC)
Luxul’s Epic Series Routers Empower Professional Integrators
CEDIA Q&A: WyreStorm Shows 30 New HDBaseT, HDMI and AV-over-IP Products
Earth Networks to Spin Off Whisker Labs as Independent Company
View more on Networking & Cables