Vanco Evolution HDMI Extender with KVM and PoE Extends Signals 160 Feet
The Evolution HDMI Extender with KVM and PoE from Vanco sends audio, video and KVM signals over a single Cat-5e/Cat-6 cable.
AV over IP and, in specific applications, KVM over IP are the stars of the electronics industry right now. But that doesn't mean that traditonal signal transmission methods are obsolete.
Vanco's new Evolution HDMI Extender with KVM and PoE transmits audio and video via HDMI, as well as complete KVM (keyboard, video and mouse) functionality via USB 2.0 over a single Cat-5e/Cat-6 cable.
Through the extender's PoE (Power over Ethernet) capabilities, the new extender eliminates the need for wall-wart power supplies on either the transmit or receive side of a system. Providing transmission distances as far as 164 feet, the extender's auto EDID management compensates for any compatibility issues with the HDMI format.
Vanco says the extender supports resolutions as high as 1920x1080 at 60Hz. Its automatic equalization (EQ) ensures the best possible signal regardless of the category cable length. The extender also transmits USB 2.0 high-speed signals at 480Mbps as far as 164 feet.
The extender also provides USB charging for connected USB devices, and its receiver unit features four USB 2.0 ports. The product includes a Hi-Fi USB audio card and supports analog passive ear and microphone access.
Evolution HDMI Extender Features
- Transmits audio and video via HDMI as well as complete KVM functionality via USB 2.0 ports over a single Cat5e/6 up to 164ft/50m with POE.
- PoE, integrates power into the Cat5e/6 cable, requiring no power supply for either the Transmitting unit or Receiving unit (opposite of unit that is plugged in to power)
- Auto EDID management automatically adjusts to overcome compatibility issues
- Auto EQ distance for perfect transmission and reception of HDMI signals
- Supports up to 1920x1080 @ 60Hz resolutions
- Transmission Range: Extends HDMI signals up to 164ft/50m over a single Cat5e or Cat6 cable
- Extends USB 2.0 high speed at 480Mbps to 164ft/50m
- RX unit provides 4 USB 2.0 high speed ports at display end
- USB ports allow for charging of connected USB devices (please use properly certified and licensed cabling with utilizing the charging feature)
- RX integrated with Hi-Fi USB audio card, supports analog passive earphone and microphone access
- VESA DDC and hot swap technology (HPD)
- Compatible HDMI 1.3/DVI 1.0
- HDCP 1.4
- Dimensions: 3.25" W x .8" H x 3.6" D
7 Clever Ways to Hide Home Technology - CE Pro Download
Most technology products are not that visually appealing. Black boxes and tangled wires do not add to the character of a high-end smart home project. Luckily, our integrator readers have a number of clever solutions so these components don’t have to be visible in your next project.
Bob is an audio enthusiast who has written about consumer electronics for various publications within Massachusetts before joining the staff of CE Pro in 2000. Bob is THX Level I certified, and he's also taken classes from the Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) and Home Acoustics Alliance (HAA). Bob also serves as the technology editor for CE Pro's sister publication Commercial Integrator. In addition, he's studied guitar and music theory at Sarrin Music Studios in Wakefield, Mass., and he also studies Kyokushin karate at 5 Dragons in Haverhill, Mass. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Robert at email@example.com
Follow Robert on social media:
Networking & CablesProduct Briefs: RTI QMotion Driver; Centralite Alexa Certified; Crestron Houston Showroom
ConnectWise Acquires Sienna Group, Adds Data Security to Productivity Suite
Bob Archer’s 2018 Home-Technology Products of the Year
RTI Miravue VIP-1 Video Over IP System is Now Shipping
10 Home-Tech Products for a More Joyous Holiday Season
View more on Networking & Cables