CES 2016: Samsung is Back with Bigger, Better and Smarter SUHD TVs
Samsung's KS9500 SUHD TV line boasts wide curves, thin bezels and Smart TV features to match other consumer entertainment offerings on the CES 2016 show floor.
There's no shortage of HDR (High Dynamic Range) on the CES 2016 show floor this week. Samsung combines HDR capability with curved displays, thin bezels (and in one particular model, no bezel) and sizes up to 89 inches in its new KS9500 SUHD TV line.
Samsung also revealed an enormous 170-inch SUDH — the largest in the world — but there's a catch. It's actually made up of several screens joined together. It remains an impressive feat, however, because there are no bezels or even the thinnest of lines giving it away.
Samsung's 2016 SUHD TVs boast 1,000 nits of contrast from an edge LED lighting system, true Ultra HD Premium performance and plenty of smart features from Samsung’s SmartThings platform to give users the TV-watching experience we are seeing become an overwhelming trend at this year's CES.
The new SUHD TVs will feature Smart TV elements such as:
- New Smart Hub: Designed to provide users with easy access to everything at their fingertips, the Smart Hub combines live TV, over the top (OTT) and games all in one place.
- Smart Control Remote: The new Samsung Smart TV eliminates the need for multiple remote controls. The device will automatically recognize the type of set-top box, gaming console, OTT box or home theater system and allows for control of all external devices with one remote, no setup required.
- Console-free Gaming: The Smart TV provides over 500 streaming and downloadable games without the need for a Playstation, XBOX or other gaming console.
- EXTRA Service: This button delivers information about whatever program is being watched. Users can check out player stats and profiles, TV show and cast info and more.
- Smart View: This mobile app allows sharing between Samsung Galaxy devices, supporting Android and iOS devices, and Window PCs. Popular apps like iHeartRadio, Plex, UFC and Vimeo are all Smart View enabled.
- More access to content: Users can stream UHD movies and TV shows from providers like Amazon, M-GO, and Netflix — even YouTube — and sporting events in HD. Direct access to live programming from providers such as Dish and Time Warner Cable is also easily accessible and simplified.
Samsung’s new SUHD TVs will be available in March 2016. Click here to see more CES 2016 coverage from CE Pro.
Secure Your Free Pass to CEDIA EXPO 2019
Register before Sept. 2 to gain free access to the opening keynote, product training & education series as well as the show floor including Innovation Alley and much more. Don’t miss your chance. Sign up today.
Chelsea Cafiero is Senior Web Editor of CE Pro. She also manages the corresponding websites of sister publications Commercial Integrator, Security Sales & Integration, Campus Safety and Electronic House. Chelsea has previously covered politics, local news and consumer electronics. She joined the CE Pro family in 2012. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Chelsea at email@example.com
Home TheaterCEDIA Expo Preview: LG on Big OLEDs, Short Throw Projectors, CI Focus
CEDIA Expo 2019 Sound Rooms Deliver Entertainment and Education
Product Briefs: Capitol Design Support; Elan adds Jandy; Crestron Marine Program; Zigbee Milestone
CEDIA Expo Preview: DPI Separates Light Engine, Electronics from Lens
Massive ADT Report Shows How Customers View Smart Home Tech
View more on Home Theater