Random Musings from the ISE 2013 Press Room
Hey, dude in the ladies' room ....
The press room at ISE 2013 is charming and hospitable, but They do things a little different here in Europe than in the U.S. Here are a few musings.
1. Most journalists can’t type. I did not know that. They hunt and peck.
2. The press room sponsor (Prysm) throws a happy hour at the end of the day. That should be a law.
3. The press room attendants bring you coffee and tea and clear your work area.
4. European computers must be extremely efficient as there are virtually no power outlets in the entire space. But they’re very nice about it. Hard to argue.
5. Publishers, sales people, PR people and other riff raff don’t hang out in the press room. Everyone is working—writing stories and stuff
6. The room has a coat rack and no one steals stuff.
7. Sandwiches are served incessantly. Typically, they have mayonnaisy salady stuff in them or like one slice of cheese.
8. Hey, lady eating lunch and lingering at a (scarce) Internet port ... move.
9. Hey, dude in the ladies’ room: If you’re going to hog it for 20 minutes, at least put the seat down.
ISE 2013 press room, last day
Julie Jacobson, recipient of the 2014 CEA TechHome Leadership Award, is co-founder of EH Publishing, producer of CE Pro, Electronic House, Commercial Integrator, Security Sales and other leading technology publications. She currently spends most of her time writing for CE Pro in the areas of home automation, security, networked A/V and the business of home systems integration. Julie majored in Economics at the University of Michigan, spent a year abroad at Cambridge University, earned an MBA from the University of Texas at Austin, and has never taken a journalism class in her life. She's a washed-up Ultimate Frisbee player currently residing in Carlsbad, Calif. Email Julie at [email protected]
NewsI Blame Circuit City for the Tech Labor Crisis
HVAC Contractor Stays ‘Relevant’ by Installing Home Automation
Elk C1M1 Dual-Path Communicator for Reliable Interactive Security, No Extra Fees
2 Big Reasons You Should Really Be Tracking Your Time (and How to Get Started)
Suburban Buffalo Dealer Wins Builder Business with Multiple Products
View more News