Powered by Alarm.com, Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Integrates Smart Home Services
Features of the IQ Panel 2 include glass break detection, Bluetooth disarm, photo sharing via smartphone and more.
Qolsys announced on Thursday the IQ Panel 2, said to be the first all-in-one security and smart home platform that combines its hardware and interactive software services. Some applications of the software include glass break detection, Bluetooth disarm, the ability to send disarm photos to the smartphone and cloud, and more.
With the Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core 400 processor — an integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC) that supports LTE cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and High Definition (HD) display — the IQ Panel 2 includes four field replaceable radio slots for current and future connectivity, and an integrated 5-megapixel HD camera. Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated.
The IQ Panel 2 integrates smart home services, powered by Alarm.com. According to Qolsys, this ensures reliable and easy to use awareness and control for consumers across a broad range of integrated connected devices through a single, intuitive mobile app. Security dealers can adopt the new IQ Panel 2 knowing that it’s fully supported by Alarm.com’s Mobile Tech installation app and AirFX remote support tool.
The IQ Panel 2 is said to deliver a broad set of enhancements, including data encryption on every radio interface, IoT support, integration of Alarm.com services and flexibility to accommodate customization and future innovation. Specific features of the platform include:
- Modern wall mount or tabletop panel with small form factor (7.67 inches wide, 5.11 inches tall and 0.91 inches thick), edge-to-edge glass and a 7-inch, high-resolution (1280 x 800p) capacitive touchscreen.
- User interface with multi-gesture capability.
- Integrated 5-megapixel HD panel camera provides built-in motion/presence detection to trigger home automation rules and captures disarm photos and alarm videos that are automatically delivered to the Qolsys cloud.
- Innovative glass break sensor application uses the built-in dual high-fidelity microphones to protect against intrusion and save cost
- Ability to be paired with optional remote access panels for persistent control and access throughout the home.
We're Looking for Your BEST Projects
Don’t miss your chance to enter to win a 2019 BEST Projects Award. We’ll be announcing winners at a special Gala event at CEDIA EXPO. We can’t wait to see what you’ve been up to this year! Enter your projects now.
Control & AutomationBiophilia: Nature Sounds vs. White Noise for Productivity and Wellness
Dish Rolls Out New Direct-to-Consumer Smart Home Service
New GE-Brand Z-Wave Smart Light Switches Available in Five Styles
Interlogix and Inflotrolix Team Up to Offer New Water Leak Detection System
Making Landscape Lighting a Profitable Revenue Source
View more on Control & Automation