Powered by Alarm.com, Qolsys IQ Panel 2 Integrates Smart Home Services
Features of the IQ Panel 2 include glass break detection, Bluetooth disarm, photo sharing via smartphone and more.
Qolsys announced on Thursday the IQ Panel 2, said to be the first all-in-one security and smart home platform that combines its hardware and interactive software services. Some applications of the software include glass break detection, Bluetooth disarm, the ability to send disarm photos to the smartphone and cloud, and more.
With the Qualcomm Snapdragon quad-core 400 processor — an integrated system-on-a-chip (SoC) that supports LTE cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and High Definition (HD) display — the IQ Panel 2 includes four field replaceable radio slots for current and future connectivity, and an integrated 5-megapixel HD camera. Qualcomm Snapdragon 400 is a product of Qualcomm Technologies, Inc., a subsidiary of Qualcomm Incorporated.
The IQ Panel 2 integrates smart home services, powered by Alarm.com. According to Qolsys, this ensures reliable and easy to use awareness and control for consumers across a broad range of integrated connected devices through a single, intuitive mobile app. Security dealers can adopt the new IQ Panel 2 knowing that it’s fully supported by Alarm.com’s Mobile Tech installation app and AirFX remote support tool.
The IQ Panel 2 is said to deliver a broad set of enhancements, including data encryption on every radio interface, IoT support, integration of Alarm.com services and flexibility to accommodate customization and future innovation. Specific features of the platform include:
- Modern wall mount or tabletop panel with small form factor (7.67 inches wide, 5.11 inches tall and 0.91 inches thick), edge-to-edge glass and a 7-inch, high-resolution (1280 x 800p) capacitive touchscreen.
- User interface with multi-gesture capability.
- Integrated 5-megapixel HD panel camera provides built-in motion/presence detection to trigger home automation rules and captures disarm photos and alarm videos that are automatically delivered to the Qolsys cloud.
- Innovative glass break sensor application uses the built-in dual high-fidelity microphones to protect against intrusion and save cost
- Ability to be paired with optional remote access panels for persistent control and access throughout the home.
2019 State of the Industry Special Report - CE Pro Download
The custom electronics industry saw a healthy 8 percent growth rate in 2018, down slightly from the blazing 11 percent growth in 2017 but still admiringly strong. Our 2019 State of the Industry indicates that readers expect to see even more growth in 2019. Get your copy today.
Control & AutomationProduct Briefs: HTA Calculator; Onkyo, Pioneer Firmware; KanexPro, DTV GameControl; Luxul Firmware
Control4 Remains Dedicated to Customers and Dealers, Wins 10 Quest for Quality Awards
ISC West 2019: Security Show Made Me Go Hmmm
HTSA Moves Bar Higher in Lighting Fixture Biz Dev
SnapAV’s Big ISC Surprise: Self-Contained Security, Home Automation System With OvrC
View more on Control & Automation