5 Things @ CEDIA: Bjorn Jensen Seeks Internet of Things, Thor, Eye Candy
CE Pro Blog Mobster Bjorn Jensen shares five things he hopes to see at CEDIA Expo 2013, like Thor's hammer sub from TruAudio. It's a Scandinavian thing.
We asked the CE Pro Blog Mob what five things they can’t wait to see at CEDIA Expo 2013. Blog Mobster or not, let us know what things you want to see or hope to see at the show, and we’ll post them here. Email firstname.lastname@example.org.
1. Probably the number one thing I’m looking forward to will be seeing all of the latest products embracing network connectivity. Everything is going network and if your device cannot be reached over the network then it’s probably not going to last much longer, save for a few exceptions like speakers ... for now.
2. As a gadget guy I can’t wait to see all of the new “Internet of Things” gadgetry, making it easier for the DIYer like me to be able to trick out my home faster and for a fraction of the cost of years past. I know that’s not necessarily something integrators like to hear but I think there’s more opportunity there than realized. Most homeowners are still in the dark about what is available and how to use it or connect to it. They’re paying the integrator for the service provided in making everything work as one cohesive ecosystem, not for the gadget itself.
3. I know it’s silly, but I kind of really want to see Thor’s hammer sub from TruAudio. After all, every guy in my family has worn Mjolnir around our necks since I was born (even my dog Loki), and my son’s middle name is Tor (Thor). Hey, it’s Scandinavian culture and with a name like Bjørn Jensen I can’t really escape it. Here’s hoping I win their raffle!
4. Displays displays displays! Whether it’s the display on a big 4K TV or on a small handheld remote, displays are getting clearer, sharper and smoother. Combine that with the improvements in multitouch performance over the past few years and I think this year will be a treat for anyone like me who loves this sort of eye candy.
5. Last but not least I want to see all of my clients from all over the country I don’t normally get to see and some new ones I have yet to meet. I want to mingle with the CEDIA IT Task force and hang out for a minute or two with the very busy Julie Jacobson. In short, CEDIA gives us a chance to celebrate our industry together and in person in a way that is not possible anywhere else. I plan to make the most of it and touch base with as many of my co-industry members as possible!
[Yeah, that’s right, I highlighted the “Julie Jacobson” part. - JJ]
Secure Your Free Pass to CEDIA EXPO 2019
Register before Sept. 2 to gain free access to the opening keynote, product training & education series as well as the show floor including Innovation Alley and much more. Don’t miss your chance. Sign up today.
Coming from a background in large commercial computer systems administration and engineering, Bjørn Jensen found a home with a Platinum Crestron Dealer as the IT Director. While there he saw the growing need for more complex, managed networks working as the core of any large residential home automation system. Knowing that Ethernet networks would become ubiquitous in our industry, Bjørn decided to form a company dedicated to providing commercial grade plug and play networks for ESC’s who didn’t have the time or the knowledge to properly implement what is needed in some of the larger, more complex environments. Since then he’s become entrenched in the CE community by becoming a member of the inaugural CE Pro Blog Mob and writing and instructing courses for CEDIA’s new certification, the Residential Networking Specialist. For more information see the following: About WhyReboot. Have a suggestion or a topic you want to read more about? Email Bjørn at Bjorn@whyreboot.com
Follow Bjørn on social media:
NewsRing Joins Z-Wave Alliance, Looks to Advance Cybersecurity
CEDIA Expo Preview: LG on Big OLEDs, Short Throw Projectors, CI Focus
CEDIA Expo 2019 Sound Rooms Deliver Entertainment and Education
CEDIA Expo Preview: URC Expands Control Options, Unveils ‘Truly Tool-less’ Speakers
Product Briefs: Capitol Design Support; Elan adds Jandy; Crestron Marine Program; Zigbee Milestone
View more News