The Stream+ streaming media player is a 4K-compatible device that combines streaming services, games and live broadcasts with an on-screen guide and DVR capabilities to pause, rewind and record live television.
Channel Master states that consumers can add their favorite streaming services and games from the Google Play Store, and combine them with over-the-air (OTA) broadcasts via rooftop antennas and see all their content from its unified graphical user interface (GUI).
Incorporating features such as HDMI 2.0, Google Chromecast and Google Home integration options, electronics professionals can install the Stream+ into a range of A/V and home control systems.
The Gilbert, Ariz.-based video equipment manufacturer explains the Live Channels app installs automatically during the Stream+ setup process to add the OTA channels to the on-screen user programming guide. Channel Master also says that if integrators install a MicroSD storage card, the channel integration process activates the Live Channels DVR setup.
In addition, the Stream+'s dual internal TV tuners enable homeowners to record one live program and watch another live broadcast. Homeowners also have the option of recording two live programs simultaneously, while watching a recorded broadcast or streaming service when using the Stream+.
Channel Master Stream+ Specifications
- Ultra HD 4K compatible
- Integrate voice search functions
- Two built-in ATSC 1.0 television tuners
- Android 7.0
- Google Play Store access for games and streaming services
- Built-in Google Chromecast
- Subscription-free live channel program guide
- Subscription-free live channel DVR options
- Built-in quad-core processor to support quality gaming experiences
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac and Ethernet network connection options
- Dolby Digital and Dolby Digital Plus audio support
- Future upgrade options via USB 3.0
- IR/Bluetooth remote control
- HDR-10 high dynamic range (HDR) compatibility
- 128GB MicroSD, Game Controller and indoor/outdoor antenna accessories
- Optical audio (SPDIF) output
- Bluetooth 4.1
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!