All Comments

Latest Comments

As noted, HiberSense will be exhibiting at CEDIA 2017 (Booth # 2740).
We invite you to stop by or schedule an appointment that works for you to learn more about the HiberSense Connected Climate Control solution as well as our distribution plans that are focused on the pro install channels only (no DIY sales).
Thanks for checking us out and I look forward to seeing you at CEDIA!
Bob Fields
[email protected]
(412) 450-0180

Posted by BobFields on Saturday, August 19, 2017
Comment on 'CEDIA Find: HiberSense Uses Sensors, Predictive Analytics for Smart Vents, Motorized Dampers'.

I’m sorry, but these are far from professional routers. There are so many things you can’t do with them it should be embarrassing. I tried to help a competitor/friend do some simple things I take for granted on Netgear routers and they are just not there. Not to mention no real documentation. Putting the lights on one side & the jacks on another is cute, but this is not a toy.

And having to buy the domotz for remote access is greedy. They say use a VPN. OK, where is your documentation.

Sorry, but this is CE PRO, not home networking. Epic fail!

Posted by WWTech on Friday, August 18, 2017
Comment on 'Luxul’s Epic Series Routers Empower Professional Integrators'.

These are great thermostats. The problem is compatibility. A lot of the new high-efficiency systems require their dumb proprietary thermostats to work properly. This goes for VRV/VRF systems (which use BacNet) as well as conventional systems. It would be great if AprilAire had solutions for these as well.

Posted by jbrown on Thursday, August 17, 2017
Comment on 'Veteran Integrator Gives Aprilaire Kudos for Innovation'.

Thank you Topp we appreciate the loyalty. If you aren’t already you should send me an email and I’ll make sure you get invited to our Webinar series. We have great tips and tricks for new guys and those 10 years in. In September we will do a CEDIA recap, followed by product training and some industry trend data, you haven’t seen anywhere else. Plus it’s an open forum with Pike and myself where we answer questions live for an hour, register for giveaways and just have a good time while supporting our dealers. Actually I’d invite any dealer that wants to learn more to email me and I’ll get you signed up.

Posted by bbjorkquist on Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Comment on 'Brand-Centric Business Model Boosts Integrator’s Profits by 50%'.

I have been using Harmony exclusively for more than 10 years.  I will work/have worked on a number of large pre-existing centralized systems but I always talk people out of doing that on jobs I start/finish.  I love the single room system, and I love the middle market.  Perfect for my two person business.

Posted by topp on Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Comment on 'Brand-Centric Business Model Boosts Integrator’s Profits by 50%'.

Agreed Ron. In my 15 years in the CI space I’ve programmed a variety of different sized systems. There is no question that the middle market is underserved by our channel, but is growing dramatically, spurred on by brands that haven’t classically been considered CI. While Digital Delight decided to change their entire business model, I speak with a few dealers a week that are looking to capture new market with brands like Harmony, Sonos, Lutron, Amazon Alexa, Nest and others; all while maintaining their larger control business. I sit down and help them design a quick, profitable, solution-driven business model with premium products their installers can get up to speed on quickly. This segment of the market will continue to be one of the strongest growth areas for the industry, and we just want to make sure as many dealers as possible take advantage of that growth.

Posted by bbjorkquist on Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Comment on 'Brand-Centric Business Model Boosts Integrator’s Profits by 50%'.

What a great business turn around success story. We are going to see more and more “classic” large project integrators turn to the middle market. These “DIFY” customers want and need the help. Who better than our channel to design business models to support them. Great job Jason finding this story and sharing with the industry .

Posted by Ron Callis - One Firefly on Tuesday, August 15, 2017
Comment on 'Brand-Centric Business Model Boosts Integrator’s Profits by 50%'.

@MaverickAV I’d be more than happy to put a call together and go over the capabilities of our products. If you ever run into a programming issue, we have a dedicated dealer support line, open 7 days a week for installers. If you email me, I am happy to provide it to you or anyone else that needs it. Let me know and I am happy to set up a video conference call to walk you through anything you might want to know.

Posted by bbjorkquist on Monday, August 14, 2017
Comment on 'Brand-Centric Business Model Boosts Integrator’s Profits by 50%'.

I’m glad someone is finding success in this niche, but I’d be curious to know what the service call rate is on consumer equipment, with customers having access to programming, etc.  I’ve personally spent a few hours trying to get a customers harmony remote to do something that took us 5 minutes with C4 or Savant.  I’d be interested to see how their pro offerings have changed.  As for the stress of financials of a larger system?  A company should never float costs for a large project, or any project for that matter.  Customers should always have a clearly planned draw schedule.  It’s not uncommon for our customers to pay 60% down on contract closure, no matter how small or big the project.  This protects us and allows us to be assured that the customer is truly financially capable of handling the financials associated with a large project.

Posted by MaverickAV on Monday, August 14, 2017
Comment on 'Brand-Centric Business Model Boosts Integrator’s Profits by 50%'.

As usual, you are right on target, Julie. People do not buy smart homes, they buy solutions to use cases. If hubs are Trojan Horses to really great solutions, then may the (hub based) add-on services flourish!

Posted by sbsikes yahoo.com on Monday, August 14, 2017
Comment on 'Will.i.am and Wink's First Z-Wave Devices: A Shift in Smart-Home Strategy?'.

Brett Bjorkquist
[email protected]

Shoot me an email and we can figure out a time to talk today and get your questions answered.

Posted by bbjorkquist on Monday, August 14, 2017
Comment on 'Brand-Centric Business Model Boosts Integrator’s Profits by 50%'.

Technology on the battery powered Wi-Fi front is moving pretty fast.  If designed properly, Wi-Fi devices can be battery powered and have a battery life measured in years.  The device can send an e-mail when the battery needs to be changed, so you never worry about it not working.
At AViG, we have sensors, keypads, and other Wi-Fi devices that are battery powered (some are AAA and some are 9V) with battery lives that are approaching two years.  It’s all about power management.

Posted by Mike AViG on Monday, August 14, 2017
Comment on 'CEDIA Find: Olive & Dove's New Wi-Fi DoorCam Makes You Go 'Why Didn't I Think of That?''.

@bbjorkquist Great.  How do I get a hold of you?

Posted by Ridogn on Monday, August 14, 2017
Comment on 'Brand-Centric Business Model Boosts Integrator’s Profits by 50%'.

haha, I can let that slide, Julie. Had that been manufacturer-provided I would be less forgiving.

Posted by jbrown on Sunday, August 13, 2017

hahaha, jb. I took some artistic license on the image. Since I’m no good at that stuff, I had to find one that was the right angle, even while completely cognizant that someone with a gorgeous entry like that wouldn’t be putting chunky piece of white plastic on the door. Even so, looks like something that a mfr might showcase, so ... As for the battery. hopefully they have some power-optimizing tech in there somewhere.

Posted by Julie Jacobson on Sunday, August 13, 2017

Page 1 of 1954 pages  1 2 3 >  Last ›

Hot Stories with Comments
Brand-Centric Business Model Boosts Integrator’s Profits by 50%
Posted on Friday, August 11, 2017
On Eve of Apex Launch, RTI ‘Stepping up to Support Dealers’
Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Can ‘Invisible’ Transducers Solve OLED TV Audio Concerns?
Posted on Monday, July 10, 2017
Apple HomePod Speaker Debuts, But Is It Too Late?
Posted on Monday, June 5, 2017
Former CEDIA CEO Vin Bruno Joins Rayva Board
Posted on Thursday, June 1, 2017
Posted on Friday, July 28, 2017
Eric Bodley Named 2017 CEDIA Lifetime Achievement Award Recipient
Posted on Monday, July 24, 2017
Integrators Debate Wired vs. Wireless Audio Systems
Posted on Monday, July 17, 2017
Legrand to Acquire Milestone, Including Chief, Sanus, Da-Lite
Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2017
CE Pro 100 Loves Sonos, So Is It Time to Stop Complaining?
Posted on Friday, June 9, 2017