Veteran software provider D-Tools continues to give its dealers reason to be on cloud nine when it comes to business operations and efficiencies.
The company keeps making enhancements to its offerings, which include the longtime System Integrator (SI) platform and more recent D-Tools Cloud version.
For the Sept. 15-17 CEDIA Expo Virtual Experience (register at cediaexpovirtual.com), D-Tools will highlight a slew of improvements to each so integrators can become even more proficient and efficient with their sales, proposals, designs, service and more.
D-Tools Cloud Now Integrates with On-Premises Solution
In fact, D-Tools is tying the two solutions more closely for dealers as it has completed a direct integration between the mobile- and web-based D-Tools Cloud with the on-premises SI solution, which is now available in version 14 (SI v.14) and “enables customers to take advantage of the best of both solutions,” D-Tools CEO Randy Stearns tells CE Pro ahead of the show.
According to the company, benefits of the new integration include:
- Allows salespeople to utilize D-Tools Cloud’s toolset for sales opportunity management, visual quoting, and multimedia proposals, accessible from any web-enabled device to quickly close the sale.
- Upon proposal acceptance, users send the proposal and related project information to D-Tools’ SI solution.
- Project details such as client information, locations, systems, products and labor are seamlessly imported to SI for the completion of engineering drawings, change orders, procurement, scheduling, installation and service.
“Any time that we have to spend with customers, or prospective customers, whether virtual or in person is welcome,” Stearns enthuses.
“In terms of the virtual event itself, we’ll be focusing predominantly on D-Tools Cloud,” he says. “We’ll demonstrate the new capabilities on Wednesday [Sept. 16] at noon and Thursday [Sept. 17] at 3 p.m. as theater presentations. We’ll also be sharing a sneak peek into our roadmap, which is focused more on project planning and project execution, and we’ll also be talking about a case study that we did recently on our new partnership with Expert Warehouse and ProSource.”
SI v.14 Offers Customizable Checklists, More CRM-like Functionality
Meanwhile, D-Tools (find their booth at d-tools.cediaexpovirtual.com) has significantly bolstered its acclaimed System Integrator end-to-end estimation, design, project, and service management software solution. Attendees can find theater presentations on the improvements on Wednesday at 3 p.m. and Thursday at noon.
Building upon version 13, SI v.14 starts by enabling users to create customized checklists for establishing standardized lists of tasks associated with completing specific project types. These lists of tasks and subtasks can then be used to auto-populate the all-new Gantt charts in the D-Tools platform.
In turn, the Gantt chart tasks can be pushed to install tasks for technicians in Mobile Install, creating a workflow process that is highly efficient and reduces the risk of oversights in the project management process.
On the sales side, SI v.14 has added more CRM-like functionality, including the ability to track lead source and assign close probability to sales statuses, enabling sales forecasts and pipeline projections.
Additional enhancements to SI v.14 include:
- New Business Intelligence Reporting — New and expanded capabilities enable SI users to build queries across projects, clients, purchase orders, tasks, service orders, and service plans. Results, displayed in either list view or graphical form, enable deeper analysis and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Bulk Purchase Order Creation — To save time, SI users have the ability to create purchase orders for multiple vendors and multiple projects in batch. Common use cases will include ordering items by phase, location and/or system.
- Updated UI — New icons and re-designed ribbons improve the user experience throughout the application.
Attendees to the CEDIA Expo Virtual Experience can explore more with D-Tools via the Live Chat window that will be manned the entire time, Stearns notes. They are also encouraged to set up one-on-one meetings and join “meeting lounges” that will be on hand in the D-Tools virtual booth.
Plus, integrators can sign up now for a free, personal online tour of the latest solutions by visiting http://d-tools.com/live-demo-webinar/. A free 30-day trial of D-Tools can also be downloaded at http://d-tools.com/hosted-free-trial-signup/.