Continuing in its quest to provide seamless, sophisticated signal distribution and control solutions for commercial applications worldwide, Gefen, by Nortek Security & Control LLC (NSC), announces an array of new features that facilitate independent routing of individual AV signals within its second generation of AV-over-IP products. The technology was previewed at ISE 2020.
This new level of control gives integrators and end users the power to discretely separate and distribute any audio and video signal for whole site AV distribution and control without interrupting the current configuration of the system. This true matrixing capability also allows IR and serial control to be accurately directed for easy management of sources and displays.
Integration of other features, such as advanced EDID management, helps solve many of the key issues that installers face in the field. An all-new interface is integrated into each product along with updates to the EXT-CU-LAN Matrix Controller that will manage all the new features.
“We’re setting the next gen benchmark for video technology for our partners around the globe. Historically, this signal distribution required separate products,” says Richard Pugnier, vice president of marketing for Nortek Security & Control. “While some solutions have been able to combine various capabilities of these new functions in one product, they do not have the adaptability and scalability of AV over IP with the latest innovations and quality of Gefen products.”
“AV over IP is the most versatile AV signal management platform available today, with the ability to split, switch, matrix, convert and extend AV signals in every product,” adds Jason Fitzgerald, product manager for Gefen products. While many AV over IP systems on the market route all their signals (e.g., video, audio, serial, IR and USB) to a single destination at once, this new update brings complete control of each signal’s route.
Gefen EXT-CU-LAN Matrix Controller Key Features
- Independent routing for video, audio, serial, IR and USB allows users to distribute each source without being tethered to the video signal.
- All new interface can link any of the signals to video as desired and will display identification using the programmed names in Gefen Syner-G to show how each is routed.
- Complete discovery protocol management integration that brings full Gefen Syner-G functionality and control to each unit.
- Independent routing control availability in the Gefen Matrix Controller for seamless integration with new and existing systems.
- Advanced EDID management now allows for custom EDID uploads and the ability to lock EDIDs into each sender that resolves EDID related issues.
Fifteen Gefen products will benefit from the update Including all second-generation AV over IP products and the Matrix Controller.