Denon has packed its new S-Series A/V receivers with an impressive array of features. Built into the AVR-S950H, AVR-S750H, and AVR-S650H are Dolby Atmos, HEOS wireless multi-room music streaming, multi-assistant voice control and a host of other features.
Also included in the S-Series is automated room calibration and audio optimization, plus enhanced audio return channel (eARC) and auto low latency mode (ALLM), which are part of the latest HDMI 2.1 specification.
“The new 2019 Denon S-Series AVRs provide music and movie enthusiasts with a simple an inexpensive solution to upgrade from a traditional soundbar,” says Michael Greco, senior director of global brand management at Sound United.
“This year, Denon improved A/V performance by adding Dolby Atmos Height Virtualization Technology, eARC and ALLM support for gamers. Listeners can also expect the latest in wireless multi-room music streaming technology and support for Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Siri voice agents for easy control of music.”
Key Features of 2019 S-Series AVRs:
- Enhanced Audio Return Channel now supports 3D audio formats for about transmission from the TV to the AV receiver through connected HDMI cable
- True 4K Ultra HD/60 Hz full-rate pass-through and 4K video upscaling
- Immersive 3D Audio (on the 7-channel AVR-S950H only): Dolby Atmos, DTS:X and DTS Virtual:X up missing of DTS encoded content
- Premium DAC: 32bit AKM DAC allowing for high-resolution decoding
- New Party Mode: Play audio from a TV to all zones. Play AVR’s main and second zones simultaneously or group with other HEOS-enabled devices to listen to TV audio or any other HDMI/digital/analog sources.
- HEOS and AirPlay 2 built-in
- Works with Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant and Apple Siri for handsfree control of wireless music and AVR
- Audyssey suite of EQ calibration for setup and dynamic volume control
- Remote app for iOS and Android devices for basic setup and control
Suggested pricing for the AVR-S950H is $599; AVR-S750H, $499; and AVR-S650H, $399