CE Pro serves the custom electronics industry with news and information on home systems integration, yet time and again readers gravitate to articles that are more consumer and less custom – DIY home automation hubs, Sonos and smart doorbells, for example.
Here we assemble the 20 most popular articles (by page views) on CEPro.com for 2015. We ignored articles with very long tails, like “How Vivint Sells 200k Security, Automation Systems in a Summer,” which grabbed about 9,500 page views this year – four years after the story was posted.
Also, we didn’t count page views for photos. “Rent Kevin Durant’s Former Miami Penthouse for $20K” was the clear winner there.
Business-related stories didn’t top our “most popular” round-up, but only because such articles don’t draw the attention of industry outsiders.
Three of the most popular business-related pieces for 2015 were:
- Top Integrators Launch HAUS, a Franchise-Like Program for Mainstream Home Automation (new business models in the mid-market)
- 7 Big Mistakes Every Integrator Makes (like hiring family and taking unprofitable jobs)
- From Company Jet to Vehicle Fleet: Sound Concepts a $6 Million Integrator (high-end integrator Sound Concepts beefs up RMR)
And the three most popular white paper topics were:
- CE Pro 100 Brand Analysis 2015
- Custom Installation Services: Are My Prices Right?
- Planning Proper Camera Coverage Areas & Putting Camera Specs into Context
To be clear, the “top” white papers refers to the number of page views for the promo page, not the number of downloads for the documents themselves.
Most Popular CEPro.com Articles of 2015
- Quirky ‘Terribly Embarrassed’ Over Wink Home Automation Hub Recall
- Via International Ceases Operations: High-End Home Technology Group in Receivership
- Will Tesla Batteries Force Home Wiring To Go Low Voltage?
- 5 Things to Know About Apple HomeKit
- Why Roku Beats Apple TV for TWC Customers
- CE Pro 100 Top 5 Home Automation Brands: Control4 is #1 For First Time
- Plenty New at CEDIA 2015: Sonos Surprises, Home Automation, Core Brands, More
- Wink Has Sold 300k Home Automation Hubs, But Biz is Dying; Whither the DIY Dream?
- LG Announces Pricing, Release Dates for OLED, LED 4K TVs
- Abode is Most Promising Security, Home Automation Solution in a Long Time
- Zipato’s Modular Home Automation System: The Best Smart Home Platform?
- Leon Speakers Embraces Sonos with Elegant TV Mount for Playbar, Cabinets for PLAY
- Target, Sears and the Trouble with Home Automation at Retail
- Integrators on Apple TV 4: Bluetooth ‘Headache’, 4K Questions, Hush on HomeKit, TOSLink Snub
- ADT Pulse Eying DIY Market with New Security, Home Automation Panel?
- The State of HDCP 2.2 HDMI Switchers: Control4 May be First, But Premature?
- Comcast to Open API for Xfinity Home Automation; Adds Nest, Arlo, Lutron, SkyBell, August, More
- Z-Wave Chairman on SmartThings, HomeKit, Thread, 6LoWPAN, ISE 2015
- 14 Smart Door Locks at CES 2015, 4 Big No-Shows, 0 Wi-Fi
- Savant is First of the Home Automation ‘Majors’ to Go DIY with $499 Savant Remote
- Julie Jacobson: 18 Home Automation and A/V Hits at CEDIA 2015
- Crazy Home Automation Stocks: Control4 is Tanking, Alarm.com is Volatile
- Debunking ‘High Speed’ 4K HDMI 2.0 Data Rate Claims
- Nest Audio Coming Soon?
- Next-Gen Lowe’s Iris Now in Stores; Free Home Automation Hub with Trade-In
- Why ‘Seeking Alpha’ is so Wrong in Bashing Control4 Home Automation
- Julie Jacobson’s Ultimate Guide to Home Automation at CES 2015
- 9 Must-Have Tools for Working with Electrical Wiring
- Fusion Research Unlocks Amazon Fire TV for IP Control via Home Automation Systems
- Nest Exposes ‘Weave’ Home Automation Protocol, Opens Camera API, Plans World Domination
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!