A recent study just indicated that the home Wi-Fi router is now the most indispensable consumer electronics device… surpassing even the cellphone. That means the home networks being deployed by CE pros for their clients are integrally important to the daily lives of their customers. That same study reveals 70 percent of homeowners are fearful of their devices being hacked.
That is one reason the Consumer Technology Association developed its Connected Home Security System program that includes a cybersecurity checklist. Join CE Pro for this 27-minute webcast offering several Cybersecurity Best Practices. Guest speaker Dan Fulmer, president of Fultech Solutions in Jacksonville, Fla., is the co-creator of the CTA cybersecurity program and discusses exactly how he uses the checklist with customers and with his technicians.
The presentation will review how to:
- Bring up cybersecurity needs with clients (and not scare them away)
- How to charge customers for cybersecurity
- How to guide clients to the best password management tools
- Review the 12 key areas that need to be secured in every home network
- Reveal a checklist for technicians to use in the field for passwords, modems & routers, VPNs, Z-Wave, ZigBee, Beacons, Bluetooth and even network management devices like Domotz and Router Limits.