As usual, there were plenty of hot new developments in audio and video at CEDIA Expo 2014. Unfortunately, we couldn’t get around to all of them, but of the booths I was lucky enough to visit, I found some of the most significant and enjoyable new products and technologies of the year.
With optimism flowing through the aisles as freely as alcohol at an open wedding bar, it is clear the custom install market is back. Fueled by a new generation of affordable whole-house wireless audio products, 4K video and its expanded color gamut, and the introduction of Dolby Atmos , the custom installation is as diverse and as ready to move forward as any time in its history.
The consensus among dealers and exhibitors alike is that CEDIA 2014 was the best show in nearly a decade.
Products detailed in the slideshow below:
- Digital Projection Insight 4K LED projector
- Epson PowerLite ProCinema LS10000 projector
- Definitive Technology, Polk Audio, DTS Play-Fi take on Sonos
- Elite Screens PolarStar, Seymore-Screen Excellence Ambient-Visionaire
- Dolby Atmos
- HD Anywhere with with “Follow Me”
- Paradigm Prestige Series speakers
- Mark Levinson No. 585 Integrated Amplifier
- Screen Innovations Black Diamond Glass