Every week, CEDIA’s Walt Zerbe (Senior Director of Technology and Standards) and Ed Wenck (Content Marketing Manager) co-host a 30-to-60-minute dive into the issues surrounding the home technology industry. From running a business to breakthrough devices, Zerbe and Wenck and their guests (a frequent one is Dave Pedigo, Vice President, Emerging Technologies) cover topics relevant to everyone in the CEDIA channel. Subject matter experts often include some pretty big brains in the biz: Peter Aylett from Archimedia, Rich Green of Rich Green Design, Geoff Meads of Presto Web Design, Alex Capecelatro of josh.ai, and others are called upon regularly to offer their takes.
The conversation’s lively, wildly informative, and frankly, fun. Recent shows include:
- A look at all the education offerings (and how the catalog is built and updated every year) planned for CEDIA Expo 2018
- A conversation with Brian Markwalter (CTA) about the development and deployment of 5G, and how it will impact the residential integrator
- A show on Blockchain technology with John Fitch from Animal Ventures: It’s bound to be a major disruptor, and the possibilities for its use in the home tech universe are incredible
- A chat with builder/remodeler Christopher Wright and designer Adam Gibson (a kitchen/bath specialist) about working with integrators — and the importance of technology to their clients
- A show about music organization for customers: As we move toward renting and streaming our music and combining that with files we own, how can one best manage all of this?
The show is available on iTunes, Spotify, Google Play music, and many other platforms. New episodes drop every Friday morning just after 8 a.m. Eastern, and the entire catalog of episodes can be found at https://cedia.net/insights/tech-council-podcast/.