Somfy, maker of tubular motors for interior window coverings and exterior solar protections, and Brilliant, makers of smart home control, lighting, and home automation, have announced a new integration. Through Somfy’s new TaHoma Gateway, Somfy interior shades, blinds and draperies, and exterior screens, awnings and pergolas can now be controlled and automated using Brilliant touchscreen control panels as well as the Brilliant mobile app.
Brilliant’s affordable in-wall control system simplifies the way that people interact with their smart homes and unifies control of a wide variety of popular smart home devices. By simply replacing a light switch with a Brilliant voice-enabled touchscreen control panel, homeowners, apartment residents, families, and guests will be able to manage Somfy shades as well as lighting, thermostats, locks, cameras, music, intercom experiences and more. Additionally, multifamily property managers will be able to automate smart apartment experiences across their residential buildings to improve energy efficiency, enhance privacy and security and offer interactive smart apartment demos and tours.
“We’re excited to partner with Brilliant to offer easy and affordable new ways for Somfy customers to control their smart homes and properties,” says Alex Keichinger, product marketing for Connected Solutions at Somfy. “The Brilliant System is easy to use and install, and makes it possible for so many more people to start enjoying all the benefits of living in a fully-integrated smart home.”
“At Brilliant, our mission is to make smart home living accessible, affordable, and effortless for as many people as possible,” said Aaron Emigh, co-founder and CEO of Brilliant. “This new integration with Somfy opens up exciting new opportunities for our customers to control natural lighting and privacy, improve the energy efficiency of their homes, and further unify their smart home experience.”
Download the guide now!
Somfy, Brilliant Key Integration Features and Benefits
● Easy-to-Use Control System: Brilliant improves smart home accessibility/usability by offering a variety of convenient ways to control and automate Somfy motorized shades and blinds, and other smart home devices. This includes intuitive touchscreen controls, touch sliders, built-in Alexa voice commands, home automation scenes, and a mobile app.
● Natural Lighting and Privacy Control: Users can check which shades are open and closed from any Brilliant Smart Home Control panel (for Somfy models that support shade level/status) and control them all on demand or through schedules and scenes.
● Increased Energy Efficiency: Schedule shades to open during the warmest times of the day during winter and close during the hottest times of the day during summer to save on heating/cooling costs.
● Home Automation Scenes: Control groups of shades together or create custom scenes to control multiple smart home products simultaneously. Example scenes include a “Leave Home” or “Goodnight” scene that could close window shades, lock doors, turn off lights, and adjust the thermostat, or a “Good Morning” scene that could automatically open bedroom blinds at sunrise to wake up with the sun.
● Whole Home App Control: Use Brilliant’s all-in-one mobile app for iOS and Android to control Somfy window shades and other smart home devices.