In a separate announcement from the declaration of the postponement of Integrated Systems Europe 2021, CEDIA has announced that all of its in-person CEDIA Tech Summits scheduled in the United States, United Kingdom, and Canada in 2020 have been cancelled. The decision is the result of careful consideration surrounding evolving regulations and safety protocols related to the global COVID-19 pandemic.
The association encourages attendees and vendors to stay connected with CEDIA through CEDIA.net and social media channels for word on future CEDIA Tech Summit dates for 2021.
The cancelled Fall season Tech Summits are:
- September 22 – Atlanta, Crowne Plaza Atlanta Perimeter at Ravinia
- October 27 – Dallas, Sheraton DFW Airport Hotel
- October 29 – Houston, Hilton Houston Post Oak
- November 5 – Toronto, Toronto Airport Marriott
- November 17 – New Jersey, Renaissance Newark
- November 19 – New York, Melville Marriott
- December 1 – Woodland Hills, California , Marriott Warner Center
- December 3 – Irvine, California, Irvine Marriott
Earlier in the year, several of the Spring season Tech Summits were forced to be cancelled also due to COVID-19. Indeed, one member of the industry reportedly became ill with the coronavirus at the Tampa Tech Summit in March.
The CEDIA Tech Summits are regional educational events that also provide sponsor tables from many of the industry’s top AV, control, lighting, security, and technology manufacturers and service providers.
Three dates for 2021 CEDIA Tech Summits in the UK have already been scheduled, with additional details to come:
- London: Tuesday, 11 May, 2021
- Edinburgh: Wednesday 26 May, 2021
- Leeds: Tuesday 15 June, 2021
CEDIA is holding more than 50 classes this week online as part of the CEDIA Expo Virtual experience and the association offers a robust collection of CEDIA Education on its site.