Validating the fun and versatility of its Roam portable smart speaker, Sonos has entered into a partnership with the popular outdoor clothing company The North Face.
“With the addition of Roam—our first truly portable speaker—to our family of products, we wanted a partner that could help us tell the story of listening on-the-go in an authentic and accessible way,” states Pete Pedersen, vice president of marketing, Sonos.
“Looking at brands that inspire us to get outside and explore the world around us, we knew the North Face was the perfect fit as a heritage brand in the outdoor adventure space and its rich history in exploration.”
The North Face Sonos Radio Station Sets the Backdrop for Outdoor Activities
Sonos explains the first element of this partnership will be a Sonos The North Face Sonos Radio Station called “Never Stop Exploring,” which provides users a choice of nine soundscapes composed of field recordings of some of The North Face’s, “most far-flung adventures.”
Cast your vote today!
The soundscapes were composed by the multi-instrumentalist Mikael Jorgensen who is a member of the Grammy-award winning brand Wilco. Sonos points out the soundscapes feature original audio that is combined with brand-new scores to take listeners everywhere from Alaska and Peru, to Ethiopia and Japan, and everywhere in between.
“what we’ve created with the “Never Stop Exploring” station on Sonos Radio is so much more than the reimagined audio itself,” boasts Dmitri Siegel, vice president of content, Sonos Radio.
“The creativity of Mikael Jorgensen combined with the openness of the athletes reminiscing on their experiences has allowed us to create something sonically adventurous, offering fans and outdoor enthusiasts a truly immersive listening experience.”
Here is a closer look at nine Sonos The North Face “Never Stop Exploring Sonos Radio soundscapes:
- “Thanks for the Beta:” This station features the sounds of The High Sierra, California with Alex Honnold and Emily Harrington
- “Skiing Lhotse:” features the sounds of The Himalayas with Hilaree Nelson
- “Sawanobori:” features the sounds of Shomyo Falls, Japan with Matty Hong and James Pearson
- “Dirty Gnar Gnar:” features the sounds of Mount Poi and Mount Kenya with Alex Honnold and Cedar Wright
- “Sending El Cap:” This station offers the sounds of El Capitan, California with Emily Harrington
- “Towers of Tigray:” Users can listen to the sounds of Ethiopia with James Pearson
- “Life Coach, Alaska:” This option features the sounds of Ruth Gorge, Alaska with Alex Honnold and Renan Ozturk
- “Pitumarca:” This station features the sounds of Peru with Nina Williams
- “Expedition Antarctica:” This station brings the sounds of Queen Maud Land with Alex Honnold, Cedar Wright, and Savannah Cummins
“We’ve spent over 50 years enabling some of the world’s greatest athletes to not only achieve their goals, but to inspire the next generation of explorers,” adds Steve Lesnard, global vice president of marketing and product, The North Face.
“What our partnership with Sonos unlocks is a completely new avenue for storytelling, with a brand that shares so many of our values.”