KNX Association International is pleased to announce that applications can now be handed in for the KNX Award 2016, which will be granted at the light+building fair 2016 (on the 15th of March) in Frankfurt (Germany). The KNX Award rewards the smartest KNX projects in home and building control around the world, which stand out as regards innovation and technical progress. Applications are welcome from around the world in 5 categories: International, Publicity, Energy Efficiency, Young and Special. Deadline for submission: 20 November 2015. More info at http://award.knx.org
The KNX Award 2016 picks up on the basic principle of the craft industry. Determining factors for KNX Association to increase the chances of one’s application are not size and volume of the KNX installation, but rather
- The diversity of the included trades
- The flexibility and expandability
- The level of automatization and complexity of the installation
- The user friendliness and user acceptance
- The convincing arguments for the client
- The implementation of products from different manufacturers
Prizes and Jury
The price money in each category of the KNX Award amounts to €1000. Winners in each category will also receive the coveted KNX trophy. The jury consists of neutral experts from the KNX world and KNX Association. If necessary, KNX Association and the jury may request additional information from the participants to evaluate the projects. The awards will be granted in 5 categories: International, Publicity, Energy Efficiency, Young, and Special.
- The deadline to submit a complete set of application documents is 20 November 2015.
- The jury will evaluate the submitted material in December 2015.
- The five top nominees in each category will be informed by email after the end of the jury’s meeting.
- The KNX Awards 2016 are granted at the light+building fair in Frankfurt (on the 15th of March 2016).
KNX Association is the creator and owner of the KNX technology – the worldwide STANDARD for all applications in home and building control, ranging from lighting and blind control to various security systems, heating, ventilation, air conditioning, monitoring, alarming, water control, energy management, smart metering as well as household appliances, audio/video and many more. KNX provides a single, manufacturer independent design and commissioning tool (ETS), with a complete set of supported communication media (TP, PL, RF and IP) as well as a complete set of supported configuration modes (system and easy mode). KNX is approved as a European (CENELEC EN 50090 and CEN EN 13321-1) and an International standard (ISO/IEC 14543-3). This standard is based upon 25 years of experience in the market. Over 400 member companies worldwide from different application domains have more than 7000 KNX certified product groups in their catalogues. The KNX Association has partnership agreements with almost 50,000 installer companies in more than 138 countries.