Vehicle design is an often overlooked marketing method for custom integrators. You only get a chance to make a good first impression once… just ask your spouse or significant other!
There’s also a popular saying that goes “don’t judge a book by its cover.” However, when its comes to spending your hard-earned money on something, you want the shiniest, biggest, most impressive thing you can find. One way custom integrators can do this is by having an attractive work vehicle to get them between jobs. It is, in essence, a moving marketing billboard about your company.
Here are 7 key basic decisions every integrator must make about their vehicle:
- Color: A white vehicle will make your logo more noticeable, but will it be seen as much as a vehicle with a flashy color? Also, what fits with your company's overall marketing color scheme?
- Type of vehicle: Van are probably the most efficient for transporting equipment and tools, including ladders, but are they as eye-catching as a truck for panel truck? Also, what about gas mileage?
- Services: Is it important to include your company services, such as audio, video, security, etc.
- Brands: How valuable is it to showcase the particular brands you use, from Control4 to Bose?
- Images: Should you invest in an eye-catching vehicle wrap that can be noticed by passers-by
- Phone number: Obviously
- License number: In some states, this is required.
Check out this slideshow for 10 vehicles CE Pro recently spotted at the MRI Expo in Sturbridge, Mass. Vote on which one you believe makes the best first impression?