Developed to address the space restrictions that integrators often encounter in residential environments, the new Totem KIN IC Slim Architectural Series of loudspeakers install into locations where typical speakers won't fit.
Totem Acoustic says that its latest products deliver the high level of resolution and big sound stages the company's products are known for, along with the ability to fit into tight spaces.
The KIN IC Slim Series is approximately 25 percent more shallow that its KIN IC Series, and it also provides features that are exclusive to the product line.
“The KIN IC Slim Series ensures Totem can provide an architectural solution for every challenging application,” notes Lucy Lentini, vice president of sales and marketing, Totem Acoustic.
“Working closely with our partners rewards us with timely information on developing trends not only in audio, but in architecture and construction as well. Learning that slighter materials are sporadically being implemented in new construction like 2 x 3 1/2-inch studs instead of standard 2 x 4-inch, prompted the development of the KIN IC Slim our shallowest CI speaker series.”
Slim Series Feature Carbon-Fiber Woofers and Ceramic-Dome Tweeters
Utilizing similar driver arrays, the KIN IC Slim Series feature carbon-fiber woofers and ceramic-dome tweeters.
Totem Acoustic explains that it chose to use carbon-fiber woofers because of the material's high strength-to-weight ratio that helps the speakers to produce high levels of musical low frequencies.
Ceramic-dome tweeters were chosen due to the dampening characteristics of the material that place the resonances of ceramic domes above the limits of human hearing.
The AIC6 in-ceiling speaker is designed to deliver an “acoustic attack from a different angle.” Totem says when potential obstructions impact placement options within a room the AIC6 incorporates an angled baffle that directs sound towards listeners to compensate for placement limitations.
The KIN IW6 Slim and IW8 Slim in-wall speakers employ the same drivers as the company's in-ceiling counterparts, but they feature slimmer profiles to fit into shallow-depth walls.
All KIN IC Slim Series disperse audio at 75 degrees and include the company's characteristic phase linearity to help simplify placement for integrators while helping to ensure consistent coverage throughout a room.
In addition, Totem says that integrators can mix-and-match the product line with its other loudspeakers without compromising sound quality to assemble multichannel systems that include immersive audio configurations.
Totem Acoustic KIN IC Slim Series U.S. Pricing
- KIN IC8 Slim 8-inch carbon-fiber woofer and 1-inch ceramic-dome tweeter $600 per pair
- KIN IC6 Slim 6-inch carbon-fiber woofer and 1-inch ceramic-dome tweeter $400 per pair
- KIN AIC6 Slim angled design, 6-inch carbon-fiber woofer and 1-inch ceramic-dome tweeter $500 per pair
- KIN IW8 Slim 8-inch carbon-fiber woofer and 1-inch ceramic-dome tweeter $700 each
- KIN IW6 6-inch carbon-fiber woofer and 1-inch ceramic-dome tweeter $500 each
- KINIC PCK8 8-inch color-coded pre-construction bracket for IC8 Slim $24 each
- KINIC PCK6 6-inch color-coded pre-construction bracket for IC6 Slim $24 each
- KINIW PCB8 8-inch pre-construction bracket for IW8 Slim $70 per pair
- KINIW PCB6 6-inch pre-construction bracket for IW6 Slim $70 per pair
Square Grille Kits
- KINIC SGK8 Square Grille Kit for IC8 Slim $40 each
- KINIC SGK6 Square Grille Kit for IC6 Slim $36 each
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!