Slateplan, a start-up that introduced new productivity software at CEDIA Expo 2015, announces a free version for integrators to try out the software risk-free
Once integrators have had a chance to try out the free version, they will be invited to sign up for a paid “Pro” version of Slateplan that includes a long list of advanced features, including complete customization (details below).
The free version is a result of feedback from CEDIA, where dealers said they wanted to try before buying, according Slateplan co-founder Jason Wright.
“Many A/V firms asked us if there was a trial version they could use, which we hadn’t planned on,” Wright says. “After much discussion, we decided to go one step farther than offering a trial version, and offer a truly free version in addition to the “Pro” paid version.”
That wasn’t the only change to Slateplan based on integrator feedback.
“Several firms told us that sometimes they don’t have a floorplan for a project, especially for remodels or single-room projects, like a media room,” Wright explains. “We will be adding the ability to use software even when there’s no floorplan, for example, by adding a room shape that icons can be dropped into.”
Finally, Slateplan hosted many international dealers at CEDIA who wanted a version for their own countries.
“We talked to so many people from all of the world that want to use Slateplan,” Wright says, “that we decided to prioritize the addition of international support for currency and units of measurement.” VIDEO: Slateplan demonstration at CEDIA Expo 2015
Slateplan Free Version vs Pro Version
- Cost = free! (not a trial version)
- Available now at www.slateplan.com
- Unlimited customers, projects and floorplans
- Customize your project pricing, margins, budget ranges
- Icon library that includes a wide assortments of home technology products
- cost = $249/month per person
- Available early 2016
- Everything in the free version, plus…
– Replace the Slateplan logo with your logo
– Customize all of your products, icons, and folders
– Import your existing product database
– Export project-related documents and product database
– Save and store unlimited PDF publications of a project
– Onboarding assistance; email and phone support