Not one to rest on its laurels, Monitor Audio has refined its MASS surround-sound system to provide enhanced audio performance and cosmetics.
The second-generation system still offers a compact 5.1 home cinema listening experience comprised of five satellite speakers and a subwoofer. The smaller speaker cabinets come in a choice of cloth covers to suit the styling of any room.
The cloth won’t impede the sound—the specially made cloth covers have been developed to be acoustically transparent and evoke the feel of a luxury piece of soft furnishing.
Plus, the satellite speakers feature a cloth-wrapped rear cover to hide cables and connections to maintain a clean, modern aesthetic.
Another perk: The system has been designed for quick and easy setup giving you the freedom to experiment with placement. For example, there’s no need to adjust the height of the speaker stands, as they’ve already been positioned for optimum listening.
The stands feature a precision-cut base and pole and an integrated bracket to allow speaker attachment and a channel to hide speaker cable.
Features and Specs
Some of the noteworthy features of the Monitor Audio MASS satellite speakers include:
- Two-way sealed cabinet with optimized tuning
- 3 1/2-inch mid-bass driver with MMP II cone technology and Advanced FEA simulation
- ¾-inch tweeter with thermal protection
- Rigid glass fiber reinforced ABS and MDF cabinet with extensive ribbing and integrated mid-bass driver chassis
Some of the noteworthy features of the MASS subwoofer include:
- Compact, sealed enclosure with 15mm MDF construction and internal bracing
- 18 mm rigid MDF baffle
- 8-inch long-throw driver featuring MMPII cone
- 120-watt Class-D amplifier
- DSP providing accurate filter characteristics
- 3 pre-set modes (Music, Movie, Impact)
Suggested retail pricing is $950 for MASS Surround-Sound System; $160 each for MASS satellite stand.