Updating its product line, the newly introduced Epson Home Cinema 5050UB and the wireless Home Cinema 5050UBe 4K PRO-UHD projectors are rated to produce up to 2,600 lumens of color and white brightness.
Epson says that its latest products feature compatibility with the HDR10 high dynamic range (HDR) format, and the products deliver 10-bit color output to help the projectors produce bright and vivid images.
“The new Epson Home Cinema 5050UB and 5050UBe projectors are worthy successors to our highly acclaimed Home Cinema 5040UB and 5040UBE,” comments Rodrigo Catalan, senior product manager, projectors, Epson America.
“By retaining the outstanding black performance from the previous generation and adding our latest 4K PRO-UHD resolution enhancement technology, we've raised the bar again with the new Home Cinema solutions to deliver top contenders for the best DIY home theater projectors available today.”
Epson Projectors Comply With Digital Cinema DCI-P3 Color Standard
Epson's new projectors support 4K HDR content at 60Hz, and it claims the products produce contrast ratios up to 1,000,000:1.
The products are also compatible with the commercial cinema DCI-P3 wide color gamut. This color space is wider than the HD Rec. 709 specification, and through the inclusion of 15-element glass lenses, the projectors deliver high-quality images in a variety of room environments.
The projectors also include lens-shift options that provide +/- 96 percent on the vertical axis, and +/- 47 percent on the horizontal axis.
Helping to ensure the color accuracy of the projectors, the products also incorporate low Delta E and CalMAN pattern-generation tools.
Specifications and Options:
- 4K PRO-UHD processing that enables the projectors to deliver high levels of resolution
- True 3-chip designs that support the projectors' ability to produce the DCI-P3 color gamut
- Pixel-shifting technologies that control the projectors' 3 LCD chipsets
- 10-bit color HDR processing to fully accept HDR content
- 12-bit analog-to-digital video processing for smooth video transitions, and the elimination of block artifacts, banding and other compression artifacts
- Up to 2,600 lumens of color and white brightness
- 15-element glass lenses
- Motorized lenses
- HDMI 2.0 support
- The Home Cinema 5050UBe supports Epson's WirelessHD transmitter with four HDMI inputs to enable wireless signal transmission.
- The Home Cinema 5050UBe carries an MSRP of $3,299, and the Home Cinema 5050UB carries an MSRP of $2,999.