The new Elite Prime Vision Dark Star SE (Special Edition) screen is an Imaging Science Foundation (ISF) certified product that enables integrators to install projection systems into rooms with ambient light.
According to the California-based video manufacturer, the Dark Star SE screen blocks overhead and off-axis light from affecting picture quality to allow for the reproduction of bright vivid images in a variety of room environments.
The Dark Star SE screen features EPV's DarkStar 9 screen material bordered by a 2.4-inch thick aluminum frame that is hand wrapped in velvet.
Through its ambient light rejecting technologies, the composite, multilayer screen material eliminates the washout of images due to ambient light, and it attaches to the screen's frame through a spring and grommet construction system to help ensure uniform flatness.
Elite Prime Vision states the product's black diffusion layer provides high-contrast capabilities to enhance color saturation, contrast levels, and black level dynamic range.
Elite Prime Vision Dark Star SE Specifications
Summarizing the Elite Prime Vision Dark Star SE screen's features, the product incorporates:
- Elite Prime Vision's DarkStar9 ISF-certified screen material that rejects ambient room light.
- The DarkStar9 screen material features microstructural filters that absorb 95 percent of ambient light from above and below the screen.
- Diffusion layers incorporated into the screen are designed to enhance color saturation, contrast, and black levels.
- Elite Prime Vision says the Dark Star SE produces wide diffusion uniformity to minimize color shift, shimmering hot spotting, and other imaging artifacts.
- The screen is compatible with 4K, 8K and HDR content.
- DarkStar9 is a scratch-resistant material that is easy to clean.
- Available in a choice of 106- or 122-inches in a 16:9 aspect ratio, or 156-inches in a 2.40:1 aspect ratio.
- The screen assembles via an easy-to-use spring and grommet system that ensures a flat surface.
- Elite Prime Vision ships the Dark Star SE screen in cost-effective packaging.
If you enjoyed this article and want to receive more valuable industry content like this, click here to sign up for our digital newsletters!