Updating its popular 110LP phono preamplifier, the new MOON 110LP v2 phono preamplifier is a “handcrafted in Canada” component carrying an MSRP of $399.
MOON by Simaudio says that its latest phono preamplifier “sits between [a] turntable and amplifier to bring a dramatically improved performance from vinyl.”
“This little black box of outstanding technology tricks will ensure that records sound better than ever before,” says the company in a press statement.
The product is designed for use with turntables that do not come with built-in phono stages, or it can be used by integrators to improve the sound of turntables that incorporate basic, entry-level phono stages.
According to MOON by Simaudio, integrators can match the 110LP v2 to a turntable's cartridge by using three pairs of DIP switches that are located on the phono preamp's underside, allowing integrators to match the gain and impedance levels of the phono cartridge.
To power its new phono preamplifier, the Canadian company employs a 24-volt power supply and says between the combination of the new power supply and the gain and impedance adjustments the 110LP v2 offers the phono preamp produces “new levels of detail and musicality from any vinyl recording.”
The company adds the “sleekly compact” 110LP v2 phono amplifier comes in a black finish and is backed by a 10-year warranty.
MOON 110LP v2 Phono Preamplifier Features
- Integrator/end user adjustable impedance loading: 47k ohms, 475 ohm, 100 ohms and 10 ohms
- Integrator/end user adjustable capacitance loading: 0pF, 100pF, 330pF and 430pF
- Integrator/end user adjustable gain settings for moving magnet (MM) and moving coil (MC) phono cartridges: 40dB, 50dB, 54dB, 60dB, 66dB
- Integrator/end user adjustable EQ curve: IEC or RIAA
- The 110LP v2 employs four-layer PCB tracings that use pure copper for low-impedance characteristics.
- The phono preamp uses inductive DC filtering to lower its noise floor.
- All-aluminum chassis with gold-plated RCA connectors